Sun

Every couple of months we have small competitions at work. This month was to do around skulls which is one of my expertise. In almost every event we have I have won so I have no doubt I've got a good chance. After working on my design almost all night I slump down at my desk and yawn. Suddenly I hear a little thud on my desk and then a chair move near my desk. I look up and see a cup on my desk, I raise a brow and laugh slightly. No one has ever brought me a drink before to work? Should I be suspicious?. I smell the drink and the overwhelming scent of coffee, caramel and vanilla hit my nose. My favourite combination...but the only ones that know my favourite coffee are Jae and Nari and they aren't here yet. I take a sip and a feeling of warmth hits me and I smile to myself. I open my eyes again and look confused at the cup, who got me this? I look to the side and see the top of Yoongis mint green hair. The hair colour really suits him, reminds me of mint ice cream. I slowly reach my arm around and tap his shoulder. He turns and adjusts his glasses and smiles at me. I suddenly find myself blushing because the glasses were unexpected. He looks so cute and attractive at the same time.

Suddenly he clicks in front of my face. "Earth to sun" He laughs slightly. "Uh...hi...erm do you know who got me this cup of coffee?" I gesture to my desk and he smiles. "Ah that was me, I saw how tired you looked so I thought it might wake you up". So it was him...but how did he know my favourite flavour? "With the flavour I kinda just guessed, I know caramel and vanilla are very popular so I just went with that...I hope that's okay?" I blink fast, It's like he can read my mind. "No no it's...its perfect, It's actually my favourite" He smiles and puts his pencil down. "Well I'm glad, So are you ready for that little competition later?" He asks and I nod and yawn. "Yep sounds sad but I worked on my design all night" I laugh. "Can I see what you did?" I ask and he runs a hand through his hair. "Hey trying to steal last-minute ideas huh?" He smirks and I gasp. "No no I didn't mean that I just...uh" I look down slightly and hear him laugh. "I'm only teasing, I kinda want to leave it a surprise" He states and I look up at him. I wonder why? Normally everyone just shows their designs beforehand and then we just vote secretly which one is our favourite. "Ahhh I see, worried I'll beat you huh?" I smirk slightly and he bites his lip slightly. He leans forward and whispers in my ear. "I'm not worried, I know I'll beat you" I pull away and look at him with narrow eyes. "Game on then" I scoot back to my desk and suddenly feel my heart thumping so loud....Were we...flirting?

Suddenly the boss comes out of his office. "Okayyy everyone, we're gonna do something different. No one will know whose drawing is whose so one at a time, come place your drawing on the table, I will shuffle them then you vote on which number you choose.". I see Jae and Nari shuffle over to my desk. "Quick show us yours so I know which one to vote!" Jae whispers and I laugh. "Come onnn that won't be fair, besides you should know my drawing style by now" I wink and get called to place my drawing on the table. As I sit down, Yoongi stands up and makes his way to the table, as he walks back we lock eyes and he smiles. Suddenly my heart feels like it's pounding out of my chest again. God what is going on.

We see the boss shuffle the papers and number each one. "Okay everyone, come make your choice". Everyone comes to the desk and we all scan the drawings until one, in particular, catches my eye. Whoever did this has such precise sketching, it's a beautiful skull with sunflowers surrounding the bottom and crystals in the skull itself, they look like emeralds almost. I scan the others but I keep going back to that one drawing, I somehow feel a connection with it. Everyone casts their votes and the boss counts them. "Okay we have a winner" Everyone waits to anticipate whilst the drawings are shuffled through. Until one drawing is held up, my eyes widen slightly...it's that drawing that I couldn't take my eyes off. "Whoever this belongs to, can you please stand up?". Everyone looks around the room until I look beside me and see the mint green hair rise up. Everyone claps and he locks eyes with me and smiles. I feel my face get hot as I blush again. "Ah Yoongi! Congratulations, I didn't know you had such impressive sketching skills." "Thank you sir, I did have a very good inspiration for it too". He sits back down.

Suddenly I feel my chair being pulled and I squeal slightly. "Sun! Did you see that?" Jae asks and I look confused. "Yes I know Yoongi won no need to rub it in" I pout and fold my arms. They both laugh. "Not that stupid, After he said he had good inspiration....he looked at you!". I tilt my head. "Oh come on! He is so into you! He got you coffee this morning, you always lock eyes with each other and erm...Jimin told me that you two kissed" Nari states and I freeze. "W-what now...when...how WHAT" I pull them both closer to me. "When the heck did that happen?" I whisper. "At the party!" Jae whispers and I gasp and hide my face. Holy crap we kissed?! I must of been so out of it that I just don't remember anything. "And with the drawing, it's obvious, the emerald crystals because your eyes are emerald green and the sunflowers? Helloooo spoiler alert he is into you" Nari coos and I hide my face in my knees. "How am I meant to face him now when I'm a blushing mess?" I feel one of them lean over and whisper. "Well think fast because he's coming this way" I shoot my head up and lightly slap my face to compose myself. 

I turn around and look up and see the smiling cute guy with geeky glasses smiling. "Hey Sun uh can I speak to you for a minute?" I hear the girls cooing behind me, I turn around and mouth "fuck off" to them. I turn back and stand up and smile at him. "Sure!" I walk off with him to his desk and sit on the table as he sits on the chair. I feel him quickly look me up and down then he gulps. God damn, my heart is thumping again. "Sorry I know you were in mid-conversation but well the prize for winning the competition was actually a meal for two at the Korean barbecue place downtown...I was wondering if you wanted to join me?" Holy shit I want to scream into a pillow right now, out of literally anyone he's asked me? 

I gulp slightly and find myself staring at him. He has the most adorable chub on his cheeks. "Sun...are you okay?" He laughs slightly and I shake my head slightly. "Huh? Oh my god I'm sorry...uh yes I'm fine" He laughs again and shows his gummy smile. He's the most adorable thing on the planet. He stands up and leans in slightly. "Sooo are you going to answer my question?" I gulp and feel my body getting slightly hot, Having him this close to me is making me nervous. I lock eyes with him and feel myself smile. "I'd love to join you" I mutter and he smiles widely again. "Great!" He steps away slightly and I feel myself take a deep breath. "Oh erm, one more thing" He reaches into his pocket and takes out his phone. "Do you mind giving me your phone number? I'll uh...I'll pick you up at 6 tonight if that's okay?" I put my number into his phone and step down off the desk. "S-sounds great" I smile, pack up my stuff and leave with Jae and Nari.

Holy crap...is this a date?