Chapter 2

"Guys! I have news." Takeda stumbled into the court with a paper in his hand.

     "What is it Takeda-san?" Daichi asked, pausing the practice.

     "Training camp at Nekoma."

     "Really? That's awesome. It's been so long since our last training camp." Sugawara rushed to Takeda's side to see which other schools were going. "Ah, the same schools as before I see, except..."

     "Yes, only it's for two weeks this time, instead of one. Since the 3rd year students are graduating, it'll be a chance to play with your underclassmen as a team for the last time and all..." Takeda drifted off, noticing the sad looks on the players' faces.

     Daichi smiled through it. "Well, that's true. We'll be parting ways soon so it'll be fun I guess."

     "Hey hey, don't say it like that, you can come and practice with us any time you want you know!" Hinata jumped up and down, supporting his hands on Nishinoya's back.

     Kageyama pulled him off and hit him lightly on the head. "Boke! Not everyone is jobless like you. They won't have that much free time to come and play with us."

     Asahi sighed. "Kageyama's right. That's why we should make the best of it this time."

     "Yeah!" Tanaka and Nishinoya shouted in unison.

     "Well, now that it's settled that we are obviously going, let's practice a bit harder to show them all that we've improved even more." Daichi spun the ball in his hands and looked at his teammates. Their enthusiasm was as great as ever.

...

     Two days later, they were ready to head off to Tokyo. Except somebody was missing.

     "Kageyama's missing? He's always on time though. Running late and it had to be today?" Sugawara sounded worried. It wasn't like him to be late to anything.

     Hinata shouted all of a sudden. "I see him, I see him, he's coming over here! Hey Kageyama, over here!" He waved his hands around. "Huh, that's weird, why is he walking so slowly?"

     Kageyama approached the bus slowly, with a big jacket hanging in front of his legs. Hinata looked up from his legs and yelped in surprise. Kageyama was sporting his scary smile. What made it weirder was the intense look on his face.

     As he came closer, Hinata asked "Oi Bakageyama, why do you look constipated? Do you need to go to the bathroom? I can accompany you if you're scared to go alone."

     He immediately got ready to run since he knew there was no way Tobio would take that but to his surprise, he just kept walking slowly with the creepy smile on his face.

     "Umm hey guys, do you think something is wrong with him?" Tanaka whispered to Daichi and Sugawara, who were looking even worried now.

     Finally Kageyama made it all the way to the bus and Daichi cracked a nervous smile. "Taking it slow today are we?"

     Hinata walked in circles around Kageyama, trying to figure out what's wrong.

     "Yeah, just saving energy." Kageyama's creepy smile widened.

     "Well if your Highnesses are ready, get on the bus already please" Coach Ukai said, getting into the passenger seat.

     "Yessir!" Daichi turned around to face his teammates. "Go ahead guys, get in."

     Hinata and Kageyama were the last ones in line. The latter was taking his sweet time so Hinata pushed him lightly. "Hey what's the matter with you today? Come on already!"

     Tobio tripped on the jacket in front of his legs and fell forward, hitting his head on the door of the bus, pushing Takeda forward, whose clipboard went flying and hit Kageyama on the head.

     "Aaaaa I'm so sorry Kageyama. Here, come on." Hinata held out his hand, scared for his dear life. "Please d-do-don't k-kill me."

     Kageyama turned around with a face that said "If looks could kill, you would be 6 feet underground by now."

     Hinata swiftly backed away, holding Kageyama's jacket in front of him for protection.

     "Oi what's taking so long?" Coach Ukai stepped down and came around to see what was happening. "Tobio, get up and get seated already, I—" He paused, narrowing his eyes. "Why's there a bandage rolled around your ankle?"

     Kageyama wasn't listening. The clipboard had hit his head and fell in front of him, open on the page of the teams listed for the training camp.

     Aoba Johsai. They were going to be there. Which meant... He would get to face off against that person again. He had to go.

     He stood up, wincing in pain and put a foot on the bus when Ukai stopped him. "Hold on a damn minute son, what is up with your leg?"

     "It's nothing, just a minor pain..." He trailed off, hoping the coach would just let it go.

     "You want to try that again buddy?" Coach was clearly not buying it. At this point, everyone was looking worried.

     "I sprained my ankle in an accident yesterday." Kageyama paused. "But it's no big deal, it will be alright soon. I have to attend the camp."

     "No."

     Kageyama couldn't register the word for a moment. No? What does that mean? He opened his mouth to protest but was quickly shut down.

     "You're not going. What, did you seriously think I would allow you to go in this state? I don't trust you not to put pressure on yourself the moment you get there. I know you're dying to play and you won't let your leg heal. So no. You won't be going. If you're in tip top shape, I'll drive back myself to pick you up, so you better be taking care of yourself. You got that? Glad, good talk. Takeda, let's go."

     Hinata looked worried, but tried to cheer his friend up. "Hey don't be sad, you'll get better soon and then you can come to the camp and join us!"

     And with that, they were gone, leaving a very confused first year behind.

     Wait... WHAT??!! Did I just get left behind??!!

______________