Chapter 5

Oikawa stared at his kouhai as the latter stuffed his face with onigiris. What in the actual hell was he doing? Why did he invite the person he hates the most into his house? And why in the goddamn hell did he just make him lunch? His mind was pulling a complete blank.

     "Oikawa-san, you cook really good!" Kageyama was actually surprised.

     Tooru cleared his throat. "How long are you planning to stay here? I'm not your personal chef, just to remind you."

     "Buff I ronthave afywhef to fo." Tobio sat there, his mouth full of food and looked at Oikawa who sat there, looking absolutely disgusted.

     "Can you not talk with food in your mouth?" He snapped at his junior.

     "Sowwie." Tobio gulped down everything in one go. "But I don't have anywhere to go."

     "Remind me again how that is my problem?"

     "I can do the dishes and clean the house." Kageyama proceeded to pick up some tempura and stuff his mouth again.

     Tooru scowled at him. Is he doing this on purpose? He has some guts, acting all innocent. "Thanks but I don't need a maid. So I suggest you leave once you've stuffed your stupid face."

     "Oikawa-san. Please can you let me stay for some time more?"

     Tooru crossed his arms and rested them on the dining table and narrowed his eyes. "What do I get out of feeding you and letting you stay in my house?"

     Kageyama thought for a second. "A friend?"

     Oikawa glared at Tobio. This little b*tch. "Look here you little shit. I don't want you in my house, I don't want you anywhere near me. So if you wanna stay, you better come up with a good enough reason."

     "I can tell the girls at your school about your heart of gold."

     "Pass."

     "Umm... I can-"

     "Pass."

     "You didn't even hear what I had to say."

     "I knew it wouldn't be good enough", Oikawa said with a bored expression. He lifted his hand and checked out his nails.

     "I can... sign a paper which says you are better looking, smarter and better than me at everything?"

     Tooru's ears perked up and he immediately turned around to face his kouhai. "Really?"

     "Really."

     Oikawa narrowed his eyes. "Really really?"

     "Really really."

     "Fine whatever, you can stay."

     "You're serious?"

     "Don't piss me off or I'll change my mind, stupidface." Tooru pulled the plate of tempura towards him.

     "Thanks." Kageyama grabbed more onigiris.

     "Is your stomach a bottomless pit or something?"

     "I didn't eat breakfast because I was too excited for the training camp."

     "You really are an idiot." Oikawa continued eating.

     For the entire rest of the day Tooru felt as if he was in hell. Kageyama followed him everywhere he went. He felt that if his kouhai had even less common sense, he would even follow him into the bathroom. Tooru slammed the door of the refrigerator to look at Tobio's face.

     "If you're doing this on purpose, I won't hesitate to spike a ball right into your face."

     "But I have nothing to do."

     "And whose fault is that?" Oikawa screamed. I'm in hell. This is literal hell. I should've listened to Iwa-chan and gone to the training camp.

...

     It was close to night when Kageyama talked to his senior again. Oikawa was lying on the bed with a book in his hands, positioned purposefully to block Tobio's face. He didn't want to look at him or remember that he existed in the same room. Kageyama sat at the opposite edge of the bed, staring out of the sliding glass doors to the balcony.

     "Oikawa-san?"

     Tobio felt a reluctant shift on the bed. "What now?"

     "Why are the rest of the rooms locked?"

     Silence. Kageyama turned to his senpai thinking he might not have heard him. "Why are the rest-"

     "I heard you the first time. It's none of your business."

     "Okay." He went back to staring out of the sliding doors.

     Oikawa glared at the back of his kouhai's head, hoping to burn a laser into his skull. He couldn't stand Tobio's calm demeanor. He shook his head and tried to get back to his book when Kageyama stood up and immediately fell down on the floor.

     "Ah!" Tobio scowled at his ankle. Goddamit, why now? He turned to look at Oikawa. No response. He tried to stand up, every movement sending jolts of pain. "Dammit..."

     Tooru finally put his book down and got off the bed, walking over to Kageyama. "Hand."

     Tobio looked up at Oikawa with a puzzled look on his face. "Uh what?"

     "Do you need help or not? Give me your hand." He was clearly irritated.

     Kageyama swung his arm around his senpai's neck, pulling himself closer. He accidentally stepped on Tooru's foot making him shriek. "Sorry Oikawa-san!"

     "You damn brat! Can you not be clumsy for one goddamn minute?" Tooru held his arm with one of his hands, sliding the other around his kouhai's waist. Tobio's head was lowered as he watched where he stepped, cautious not to hit Oikawa again. His head was swamped against Tooru's cheeks. The strawberry scented shampoo flooded his senses as he subconsciously took a whiff.

     Sweet... wait what? No, no, no! Oikawa shook off the thought with a disgusted look and turned his head away.

     Tooru guided him towards the bathroom, almost dragging him along roughly. "There, go ahead and do whatever you have to do quickly."

     Kageyama muttered a thanks and went inside, shutting the door quietly. He had held it back in front of Oikawa but now he couldn't anymore. He slid down on the cold floor and started sobbing. It hurt. He was angry at himself for messing up so bad. If only he hadn't twisted his ankle. He wouldn't have to be left alone, he wouldn't be locked out of his house, he wouldn't be staying in the house of the person he hated the most.

     The walls weren't paper thin but Oikawa could softly hear him crying inside. For the first time, he felt guilty for yelling at his kouhai so much. He pushed the feelings away hesitantly. It wasn't his fault after all, Tooru's not the one who twisted his ankle.

     Tobio was out after a few minutes. A look of surprise came across his face when he saw Oikawa standing outside but he quickly wiped it off. Tooru helped him to the edge of the bed and picked up his book again, sliding inside the comforter. He glanced at Kageyama. From the corner of his eye, he looked at the dried tears on his cheeks. He had a sad look in his eyes as he stared at his phone, probably wondering what his teammates were doing now. The guilty feeling came back and he quickly blocked him with his book again.

     He hated feeling anything towards Kageyama. Pity, empathy, anger, he deserved none of it. He hated looking into his eyes. It always had an "unnatural" look and it made Tooru uncomfortable and irritable. He had always been looked at by that weird gaze, right from the moment they had met, and he despised it. He turned to his side so he wouldn't have to look at Kageyama again.

     I hate those blueberry eyes.

_____________