Chapter 9

Kageyama's phone buzzed in his hand and he jumped up on the bed. He flicked it open to see a message from Hinata.

     "Oi Kageyama, what are you doing?"

     He immediately answered back, hoping the network would stay stable for some time.

     "I am at Oikawa-san's house. I got locked out of my house so I'm staying here till my leg is better. I'll go to the camp after that."

     "Oh, the great king's place? So you're friends with him now? I called you yesterday but you didn't pick up."

     "We're not friends, he's just doing me a favour. And I was sleeping when you called. I tried calling you back but the network is so shitty, it didn't connect."

     "Well since you are stuck there, why don't you ask the great king if he'll teach you how to serve?"

     "Huh? Are you stupid? He's the last person I'd ask."

     "Last person? So he's still on the list."

     "Shut up boke! You know what I meant."

     "Tsk tsk this is why I call you Bakageyama. You're letting an opportunity go to waste, this is why I'll become better than you."

     "Why don't you try saying that to my face?" Kageyama hit "send" angrily.

     "I know you'll hit me face to face, that's why I'm saying it through text."

     "That short jerk...", he muttered under his breath. He was about to reply when another message came through.

     "Sorry, got to go, Daichi-san is calling me."

     "Wait boke."

     A red text appeared underneath. The message didn't send. Kageyama pouted and shut his phone. Damn network. Suddenly he felt a foot poke him on his shoulder.

     "Tobio-chan!" Oikawa said in a sing-a-song voice.

     "Do you need something Oikawa-san?"

     "I'm bored."

     "Sorry."

     Oikawa scowled at his reply but quickly replaced it with a smile and sat up. "Let's talk about how you'll repay my favour."

     "I thought we already decided that day."

     "Now now, I didn't agree to that, did I?"

     "I think you did."

     "Well my house, my rules. I'm changing them."

     Kageyama stared at him silently for a while, then nodded. "Okay, what do you want?"

     Tobio contemplated arguing over it but then realised the more he protested, the more ridiculous Oikawa's plans were going to get. He just wanted to get this over with.

     "Hmm, why don't you hand over your phone?" Oikawa held out his hand.

     Kageyama blanked out. His phone? Why would he need that? He knew it was going to be something ridiculous but this was plain weird.

     "Sorry, can it be something else?"

     "Nope."

     "But I need it."

     "Ara? So you're refusing?"

     Oikawa leaned back, closing his eyes and supporting his head on his arms.