Chapter 15

"Hahaha!"

     "Oikawa-san, this isn't funny!" Kageyama glared at him.

     "Ara? It's hilarious to me though." Oikawa took another look at his kouhai and doubled down in laughter.

     "Stop it already!" Kageyama turned away, embarrassed.

     "Let me take a picture, Barbieyama." Oikawa whipped out his phone and focused the camera on Kageyama, clicking a few photos.

     Kageyama tried to grab the phone but Tooru pulled it away immediately. He crossed his arms and turned his back against Oikawa.

     "It's not funny..." Tobio trailed off.

     "It is though."

     Oikawa laughed at the photo and shut the phone, tossing it over to his side. He turned to look at his kouhai and his heart dropped instantly. From the angle Kageyama was sitting at, Oikawa couldn't really see his face but the tears at the corner of his eyes were crystal clear. He slowly pulled up beside Tobio as a feeling of guilt overtook him.

     "Oi, I was just messing with you..." Oikawa tugged on his kouhai's sleeve.

     Kageyama didn't respond. He stared at the floor, clutching the blanket tighter in his hands.

     Oikawa tugged at his sleeve again, getting nervous. "Tobio-"

     Kageyama slapped his hand away. "Why do you always do this?" His voice trembled as he shouted.

     Silence.

     "I'm sorry." Tooru grabbed Kageyama's hand and pulled it softly. "Oi, don't start crying now."

     "I'm not crying." Tobio wiped the edges of his eyes.

     "You are though."

     "Am not."

     "Are too."

     "Am not!" Kageyama picked up a pillow and threw it at Oikawa. "Go away."

     Oikawa caught it before it hit his face and slammed it softly against Tobio's head. "No, it's my room."

     "Stop it." Kageyama grabbed another pillow and swung it at Oikawa. It hit him under the chin, causing him to lose his balance and fall off the bed.

     "Ouch!" Oikawa crawled up the bed, rubbing the back of his head. "You brat, I didn't even hit you that hard."

     "You started it." Kageyama turned his face away. A soft chuckle came out of his mouth and he quickly covered it with his hand.

     Oikawa noticed it and sighed in relief internally. He went to his side of the bed and lay down. "What are you even so mad about?"

     Kageyama looked at him from the corner of his eye. "You made fun of me. You don't think that's a good enough reason?"

     "Ah! You look pretty though", Oikawa replied coolly, smiling.

     He saw Kageyama's eyes widen before he snapped his head towards the balcony.

     "Shut up." Kageyama stood up. "I'm going to take a shower."

     He pulled out the rubber band out of his hair, making the small ponytail at the front of his head droop down and fall back into place. Oikawa had tied his hair up while he was sleeping in the morning and he had only noticed it when his senpai pointed out his reflection on the glass doors while he laughed.

     Tooru giggled. "Aw, don't take it off, Barbieyama."

     "Don't call me that!" Kageyama glared at him as he stood holding the door open.