Chapter 12

"Ugh..." Oikawa groaned as sunlight hit his face. He grabbed the blanket and put it over his head.

     "Oikawa-san, are you awake?" Kageyama's voice rang in his ears.

     "Stop shouting..." Tooru peeked from under the blanket. "And close the curtains."

     "But it's 8 a.m. already, we need to have breakfast."

     Oikawa narrowed his eyes. "You mean you need to have breakfast and you can't cook right?"

     Kageyama turned his head away feeling embarrassed. "N-no, I already cooked. I thought you would be hungry too. An-and I cooked dinner yesterday! But we didn't get to eat..."

     Tooru tried to remember what happened last night. "Huh? What do you mean? If you made dinner, why didn't you wake me up? An-and a-ac-achooo!" Oikawa grabbed a tissue from the box on his bedside table and blew his nose.

     Kageyama's mind flashed back to the previous night's events. He grew red in the face as he remembered his senpai kissing him. "I was going to but you were already awake and drenching yourself in the rain and the food went cold by the time I got you inside okay?" He shouted.

     "Aah, my ears! Stop shouting brat, are you trying to deafen me? And what are you talking about? Why would I be outside in the rain? Did you hit your head somewhere?" Oikawa sat up and shielded his eyes from the sunlight leaking in through the glass panels.

     Tobio glared at him. He doesn't even remember what happened. He stomped over to Tooru's side of the bed and picked up the two empty beer bottles and shoved it into his senpai's face.

     "Does this remind you of anything, Oikawa-san?"

     Tooru stared at the bottles for a while. Suddenly it hit him. He tried to recount what happened last night but he couldn't remember anything after he finished the first bottle. He looked back and forth at Kageyama who wasn't holding back the anger on his face at all, and the bottles.

     "Huh? What's that? Where did these come from?" He tried to reply nonchalantly, crossing his arms under his head.

     Kageyama clenched his teeth. Seriously? Is he really going to pretend he doesn't remember drinking? Fine then, two can play this game. He straightened up and said calmly, "So you don't remember anything from last night then?"

     Oikawa looked at him with curious eyes. Before he could answer, Kageyama spoke again.

     "That's good then. I guess it's for the best. I'm going to make some breakfast. I'm sorry for waking you up, please rest. You're still sick." Tobio turned around and walked out of the room.

     Tooru was confused. Why did he say it like that? What happened last night? He hurriedly got up from the bed and rushed downstairs to the kitchen. He walked into the room, putting a calm demeanor and leaned against the refrigerator.

     He looked at Kageyama from the corner of his eye. "Tobio-chan-"

     Kageyama didn't look at him and continued filling the plates. "You got drunk and went outside to get drenched in the rain. Then you came inside and fell asleep."

     Oikawa blinked. Noticing the slight red tinge on his kouhai's cheeks, he cleared his throat, trying to play it cool. "Haha you should've said that sooner. I thought I did something weird. Well that's all good then, I-"

     "It's ready. Please sit down." Kageyama turned away from him and placed two plates on the table. Without looking at his senpai he sat down and started eating.