Chapter 4

"Oikawa-san... arigato" Kageyama mumbled as he took off his shoes next to his senpai.

     "Yeah whatever, it's not like I'm letting you stay here free of charge."

     "What?"

     "What?"

     "Nevermind... Umm... Is there nobody in the house right now?" Tobio peeked inside.

     Oikawa set the wet umbrella down and walked inside. "My dad travels a lot for his work and my mom is in Tokyo right now for a work project. I'm alone for now." He looked at Kageyama. "Try not to dirty the floor, thanks."

     Kageyama followed him inside on his tiptoes and walked up the stairs. They stopped in front of the bathroom and Tooru turned his head towards him suddenly, almost completely closing the gap between their faces.

     "You got clothes in that bag?" He asked, but didn't wait for an answer. "Get changed." Oikawa put his hands in his pockets and walked off into his bedroom.

     Kageyama entered the bathroom and sat down on the floor with a sigh. He was cold, hungry and no amount of massaging would bring the pain down to a tolerable level. He stripped the dirty clothes and hopped into the bathtub carefully. As soon as he turned the tap on, freezing cold water hit his back, causing him to let out a small scream. He immediately turned the tap off, shivering. Getting out, he cracked the door open and peeked outside.

     "Oikawa-san?"

     No answer.

     "Oikawa-san?"

     A faint voice came from the room at the end of the hall. "What?"

     He didn't know what to say. He already felt like he was imposing and he didn't feel like constantly asking Tooru for stuff. The brief silence was followed by loud footsteps as Oikawa came into view.

     "Um... the water's umm... It's cold..." He stared at the ground, too ashamed to look Tooru in the eyes.

     "Ugh!" Oikawa flicked a switch on the wall and turned around, walking off to his room. "Don't call me for stupid things like this please, I'm busy."

     After about fifteen minutes, he came out in a loose t-shirt and sweatpants. With the towel around his neck, he walked into Oikawa's room. His senior was lying down with this hand over his eyes and headphones over his head. He opened one eye, hearing the footsteps and sat up straight.

     The scene caught him by surprise. Kageyama's usually droopy hair was now pulled back slightly, a few wet strands falling over his eyes and sticking to his forehead. Oikawa quickly got over it and composed himself.

     "Took you long enough, what were you doing in there? Practicing sets?" He paused, scrunching his nose. "Wait a minute, what's that smell?" He jumped off the bed towards Kageyama and put his face close to his junior's. "Is that your shampoo? Ah, Tobio-chan uses strawberry scented shampoo?" He smirked.

     Kageyama put some distance between them and glared at Oikawa. "Yeah and? You have a problem with it?"

     "Now now Tobio-chan, that's no way to speak to someone who's being so hospitable is it? Or would you prefer to walk home again?" He said with a smile.

     Tobio glared at him even more intensely. If I could punch that shitty smile off his face... he thought to himself.

     "S-Sumimasen" he muttered under his breath.

     Looking satisfied, Oikawa backed away. He picked up a towel from the chair and strutted down the hallway to the bathroom, whistling.

     Kageyama must have been sitting on Oikawa's bed for almost forty five minutes when he finally heard the bathroom door close.

     "This b*tch... He acted as if I destroyed the entire world by taking fifteen minutes while he was in there for half a movie's runtime", Tobio muttered under his breath.

     He didn't realize that he was about to get a surprise. The door to the room opened and in walked a shirtless Oikawa, with the towel loosely wrapped around his waist, water dripping from all over his body. His hair was drooping and sticking to his forehead and neck. He grabbed some clothes off the chair and was about to exit the room when he caught Kageyama looking at him.

     "What's up bud, you got a staring problem?" Oikawa raised one eyebrow.

     Kageyama snapped out of it and quickly turned away towards his charging phone as his senior gave him a weird look and went back.

     Five minutes later Tooru was back, wearing a hoodie and sweatpants. He looked at Kageyama sitting in the same spot but now staring at his phone.

     "And I thought you were creepy as a kid." Oikawa sat down opposite to him and raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing baka?"

    "There's no network. I tried calling Coach Ukai, my sister, Hinata, everyone, none of the calls connected."

     "And you think giving your phone a death stare would solve the problem? Are you an idiot?"

     Grrrr~

     Kageyama's face reddened at the sound. He hadn't eaten anything since the morning. Suddenly he felt the weight of something on his head. He grabbed it. A small carton of yogurt. He looked at Oikawa, then back at the box, then at Oikawa and back at the box again.

     "Don't look at me like that. You creep me out."

     "Thank yo-"

     "I'm not doing any of it out of the goodness of my heart, Tobio-chan." Kageyama looked up to see that cold emotionless look on Tooru's face again. "I wouldn't save you from a fire if it didn't benefit me. Hope you haven't forgotten that."

     Kageyama nodded in silence as he poked a hole in the box with the straw and turned away from Oikawa.

     Tooru scowled at his junior. He hated that look. He hated those eyes. He could never tell what Tobio was thinking. It was the same from junior high. He was that one person Tooru would never accept any kind of defeat from. It irritated him that no matter how much he wanted to hate Kageyama for being born a prodigy but he could never actually hate him for that. He was over it. He hated how Tobio looked at him. He could never figure out what it was and it annoyed him to no end. He wondered why he even helped him today instead of just leaving him in the rain. It was his eyes again. Those goddamn eyes. Tooru stood up and walked towards the door.

     I hate those blueberry eyes.

______________