Chapter 13

"Tobio-chan!" Oikawa hugged his kouhai from behind, rubbing his face against his hair.

     "Did you need something Oikawa-san?" Kageyama freed himself from his senpai's hands who lay on his stomach on the bed, stretching his arms out.

     "I'm bored, let's watch a movie."

     "Fine."

     Oikawa furrowed his brows. He had hoped Kageyama would go back to normal but no luck. Replacing the worried look with a smile, he ruffled Tobio's hair.

     "Well then, a nice horror movie will do it." Tooru got up and walked to his desk.

     "Umm... Can it not be a horror movie?"

     "Hmm?" Oikawa stopped browsing through the CDs and turned his head towards Kageyama. "Why not?"

     Tobio didn't answer. He stared at the floor as footsteps inched closer. He looked up to see Oikawa smirking at him.

     "Are you scared of horror movies Tobio-chan?"

     "N-no, that's not it, I just don't like them, okay?"

     "Haha, don't worry, my hand is free to hold if you're afraid." He winked and held his hands out. "Makki and Mattsun gave me these two, pick your poison."

     Kageyama pointed at the one whose cover looked less terrifying. Oikawa put the CD in and sat beside his kouhai, leaning against the bed. He glanced at Tobio who had grabbed the blanket off the bed and swung it around him, covering his head.

     He let out a small suppressed laugh, amused at his actions. Kageyama suddenly turned towards him and he snapped his head to the other side, his cheeks colouring themselves a tinge of red.

     "Oikawa-san?"

     "What?"

     "Shouldn't we get some snacks? Also I think people prefer darker rooms while watching scary movies."

     Oikawa turned to him and blinked. Tobio blinked back. Without saying anything, Tooru stood up and walked out of the room. He came back after five minutes with a bottle of soda and a bowl of popcorn. Kageyama had closed the curtains and was reading the back of the CD cover. Hearing Oikawa's footsteps up the stairs, he resumed the movie. His senpai put the snacks in front of him and sat back down, now closer to his kouhai than where he was before. Tobio didn't think much of it and directed his attention back to the screen, slowly becoming oblivious to the person beside him.

...

     "Umm... Oikawa-san?"

     "What?"

     "Didn't you say your hand is free to hold if I'm scared?"

     "Yes, what about it?"

     "Then can you please tell me, why you are hiding your face inside my hood?"

     Oikawa stayed silent, putting his face deeper into Kageyama's hood. Getting no answer, his kouhai spoke again.

     "Could it be that you're the one who's actually scared?"

     Tooru pulled his head out and scowled at Tobio. "I'm not scared, my eyes just hurt from the glare of the screen, okay? And what's with all the questions? Just watch the movie quietly, will you?"

     He shifted away from behind Kageyama and grabbed the blanket that had fallen off his kouhai's shoulders and wrapped it around himself. He had no idea the movie would scare him that much and was definitely feeling the embarrassment after teasing Tobio about it.