Chapter 7

"Achhoooo!"

     Oikawa sprang up from his seat, startled. He snapped his head to the left to see a very sick Kageyama holding onto the doorframe.

     "Good morning to you too?" He was a bit concerned but didn't show it and turned back to the newspaper he was reading.

     "Ohayōgozaimasu" Kageyama mumbled and pulled out a chair opposite to his senpai. His eyes were red and he looked as if he was about to collapse. "A-ac-ac-acchhoooooo!"

     Oikawa peeked from over the newspaper and glared at him. "Can you not?"

     Kageyama glared back. Does he not have a single drop of empathy in him? No wonder Iwaizumi-san calls him Shittykawa.

     He stopped glaring and turned his face away towards the window. He decided Tooru wasn't even deserving of that. He would rather save whatever energy he had.

     Oikawa put the paper aside and stood up. "If you're going to be sick, at least don't be sick around me."

     Tobio shifted his eyes and watched him go away, then turned towards the door and made a face. "What a tyrant..."

     He looked around the kitchen and rubbed his eyes. He was annoyed at himself for getting sick. First his ankle, then getting left behind, then being forced to stay at Oikawa's house and now catching a cold. It was like the universe was punishing him for something.

     Kageyama put his hands down, only to see Oikawa staring at him with a criticizing look on his face. He was startled but before he could react, another sneeze interrupted him.

     "ACCHHHOOOOOO!"

     He opened one eye seconds later and only one thought came to his mind. Yup, I've done it now. I'm dead meat.

     Tooru stood there holding a box of paper towels, with his kouhai's snot all over his face. His eyes were closed but Tobio could feel the anger radiating through them.

     "G-go-gomen'nasai Oikawa-san! I didn't mean to." Kageyama held up his hands in front of him.

     "You. Goddamn. Brat!" Tooru pulled out some towels from the box and rubbed his face aggressively.

     "I'm really sorry Oikawa-san, I didn't noti-"

     "Shut up. Just shut up. I don't want to hear it. Take this and get out of here." He shoved the box into Kageyama's hands and made this way to the kitchen sink to wash his face.

     Tobio grabbed the box and walked slowly towards the door, slouching. He was about to step into the hallway when Oikawa called him from behind.

     "You brat." Oikawa's kouhai turned around to see him pointing a knife at him. "If you come anywhere near me with your sick ass again, I won't hesitate to kick you out of my house. Understood?"

     Kageyama nodded silently and went back to the living room couch.

...

     It was 8 p.m. when Oikawa came down wearing a jacket. He hurried to the front door wishing Kageyama wouldn't talk to him but his fortune ran out.

     "Oikawa-san? Are you going somewhere?" Kageyama sat up on the couch.

     Tooru sighed and turned around. "Yes, I'm going to the convenience store. Well then, ciao!"

     He slipped on his shoes and had barely turned the doorknob when his kouhai spoke again.

     "Can you get some milk? I think we're almost out."