Chapter 11

"Iwa-chan! How can you not be even a little worried? I'm so sick."

     "You probably deserved it. What did you do? Jump into a pond?"

     "Iwa-chan you know the network is really unstable, you should be nice to me while you can." Oikawa wondered if he should tell Iwaizumi about Tobio but decided not to.

     "Stop talking like you're dying and take some rest or I'll punch you."

     "So mean Iwa-chan, meanie-chan!"

     "I have to go Shittykawa, you better take care of yourself."

     "Hmmph!" Oikawa shut his phone and threw it onto the bed. Can't he at least pretend to be a little worried?

     He snapped out of his thoughts as Kageyama staggered into the room with medicine and a bottle of water and set them down on the bedside table.

     "Achoo!" Oikawa grabbed a tissue and rubbed his nose aggressively. "Ah, damn!"

     "Sorry, I passed my fever on to you." Kageyama looked at him with a guilty expression.

     Oikawa rubbed his eyes and slid further under the blanket. He could barely keep his eyes open. His whole body felt like he was freezing and the damp atmosphere made it worse.

     "Don't talk so damn loudly." Tooru's voice was muffled under the blanket. He rolled over, groaning.

     "Gomen'na—"

     "Don't wanna hear it. You're going to owe me for this."

     "I can make dinner today since you're sick." Kageyama knew he couldn't cook but the guilt made him spill the words. He waited for a response but didn't get any. He walked over to the other side and sat on the bed, leaning towards his senpai. "Oikawa-san?"

     Tobio held out his hand to shake his senpai but pulled it back after realising he was asleep. His hair was pushed backwards against the pillow and his nose was red. His breaths sounded heavy and he shivered slightly under the comforter. Kageyama stared at him. He didn't look intimidating anymore. The familiar feeling came back to him. He couldn't figure out what it was, yet again. Shaking his head, he got up from the bed and switched the light off. Looking back at the sleeping figure once, he closed the door quietly and went downstairs.

     Twenty minutes and a whole mess of a kitchen later all he had managed to make was some onigiris that were falling apart. He cleaned up the counter as best as he could and carried the warm plate upstairs, dreading Oikawa's reaction.

     Kageyama opened the door and carefully navigated his way through the dark room. Setting down the plate at the end of the bed, he switched on the light and looked at the bed in surprise. It was empty. The blanket was falling on the floor. He picked it up to reveal two bottles of beer under the bed. Panicking, he looked around the room. Suddenly he caught sight of his senpai's legs as the curtains in front of the sliding doors flew back with the heavy wind coming in through the opening. He let go of the blanket and limped hurriedly towards the balcony.

     Oikawa stood there, leaning against the railings with his eyes closed and smiling.

     "Oikawa-san!" Kageyama rushed to his side. "Umm... Why are you out here?"

     "The rain feels nice. I like it here. Isn't it nice?" He lay his head down on his arms and looked at Tobio. His cheeks were red like his nose now and he looked like he would fall asleep at any second.

     "Did you drink? You're not supposed to, when you're sick. We should go inside..." Kageyama trailed off as he noticed Oikawa closing his eyes again. He was about to call out to him again when Tooru slid off the railings and sat down on the floor, leaning against the glass door.