Chapter 2

Antarctica was roused from his slumber by a shove that wasn't very gentle, to say the least. He opened his eyes, and despite his sight being blurred from sleep, he quickly made out the figure of Greenland, who was looking at him like one would if they accidentally broke a glass plate.

"Sorry," he whispered stepping away from the continent, "Thank you for your help last night, I appreciate it and all, but I should get going,"

Suddenly wide awake, Antarctica nearly launched himself out of the chair and grabbed Greenland's wrist before he could walk away. 

The country looked back at the continent with an expression of shock and confusion. Embarrassment crept on Antarctica's face realizing what he'd just done. In a slight panic, he stood up and let go of Greenland's wrist. He coughed awkwardly, feeling Greenland's gaze on him the entire time, "Where do you plan on going? If you don't mind me asking that is,"

The confusion on the other's face disappeared and was replaced with a look of understanding that immediately changed into disdain, "If you're worried about me going off and trying to do something, forget about it. As I said, you don't even know me,"

"That isn't what I asked you," Antarctica said nonchalantly, 

"There isn't any other reason you'd ask,"

"Not necessarily,"

"...."

Greenland looked as if he'd about had it with him and was ready to just storm out of the room, "I don't know,"

The continent blinked in confusion, "What?"

"I don't know where I'm going, okay? I'm leaving now,"

"Wait!" Antarctica grabbed his wrist again as Greenland turned away. Oh dear, he looks mad now, the continent thought to himself as he met the unhappy gaze of Greenland. "So... that means you don't have any plans, right?"

"...What are you getting at?" 

Antarctica opened his mouth to speak before stopping, What was he getting at exactly? he frowned slightly, no matter what he did there was no way he was letting Greenland off on his own. As he looked around the room avoiding the suspicious glare of the country in front of him, he saw his phone sitting on the floor. An idea formed in his mind.

"Have breakfast with me," he said firmly,

"You're kidding,"

"Nope," a smile spread on Antarctica's face, "You have no reason not to, and you said yourself, we're strangers. So what better way to get to know each other than to have breakfast together."

Greenland sighed in defeat, "Fine,"

His smile widened, "Alright, then let's go,"

"So you go fishing a lot?" Antarctica inquired,

"When I was younger," the country sighed, "Not anymore,"

The continent refrained from frowning, the two of them had been sitting at a table in the breakfast room of the hotel for around a full ten minutes, and yet he'd only learned one thing about Greenland. Most of his questions were answered with an 'eh', 'yeah', 'mhm', and 'I guess'. Even with the mountains of patience Antarctica had, Greenland was going to drive him into madness if the conversation continued on like this.

"Why are you staying here anyways," Greenland asked as if he'd read Antarctica's mind,

His smile turned genuine, finally feeling as if they were getting somewhere. Though, really it was just Greenland trying to get the subject off of him, "I came to see my sister, we rarely see each other since I live so far away,"