Chapter 21

(Narrator POV)

Sunlight glistened from the window into the hotel room, rousing Greenland from his sleep. He looked to his side, realizing Antarctica was gone, he quickly looked around the room and frowned when Antarctica was nowhere to be seen. As he got up he noticed a small piece of paper sitting on the middle of the desk with a muffin next to it.

I went to Ukraine's house, wanted to wait for you to wake up before leaving but jeez your such a sleepyhead. I'll be back sometime tomorrow, don't do anything stupid, if you need me use the hotel phone to call me. Oh, and try contacting Canada and get together or something.
Love you,
Tica
And seriously, don't do anything crazy while I'm gone.

Greenland silently read the note over twice, his eye lingering on Love you.

"Tch, what an idiot..." he mumbled smiling, a light blush on his face. He looked at the clock, it was only 12:06 so Antarctica probably only left around an hour ago. Sighing, he sat down on the bed holding the muffin Antarctica had left him. God, why do I miss him so much already?

---

Antarctica smiled checking his phone, patiently standing outside Ukraine's door. He'd texted him a minute ago to let him know he was here.

"Tica!" Ukraine said opening the door, "Hey!"

"Hi Ukraine," he beamed,

"I'm so happy your here, come in," Ukraine stepped aside so Antarctica could get past him, the room reeking of alcohol. "Sorry, it probably smells like alcohol, half of my family members are crazy vodka drinking Slavs," he said, sarcasm in his tone,

"Hey fuck you," Russia slammed his bottle of vodka down onto the table he was sitting at,

"Oh look there's one now," Ukraine chastised, "Antarctica this is Russia, my uh, brother."

Antarctica nervously waved at the intimidating country, remembering the fact that Canada seemed afraid of him. Russia just grumbled an unintelligible response.

"I forgot to mention," Ukraine cleared his throat, "America wants you to go over to his house sometime,"

"Amerika?" Russia perked, but quickly started cursing in Russian, "Tell him to fuck off for me,"

"In what wa-"

"Shut your fucking mouth Ukraine," Russia huffed, Ukraine did his best not to laugh at his brother,

"Okay I think that's enough from you two," a country said stepping into the room from what looked like the kitchen, Russia grumbled again and Ukraine stopped laughing. He made his way over to where Antarctica and Ukraine were standing. "I'm Czechia but you can call me Czech, it's nice to meet you Antarctica,"

Antarctica nodded, feeling too overwhelmed to speak. Ukraine glanced at Antarctica then back to Czech,

"My room is thi-"

"Is Uke's friend here?" A girl with braids stepped out from the hall, Ukraine instantly facepalmed, "Oh my god, hi, I'm Belarus, Ukraine talks about you a lot." she waved to Antarctica,

"What's all this ruckus going on here?" another country said, entering the room. Ukraine groaned at his family's persistence, knowing that they'd probably be here for a while.

---

"Sorry about them," Ukraine said closing the door to his room, "My family is crazy I swear,"

"You sure have a lot of siblings," Antarctica pointed out, staring at a family picture Ukraine had on his wall,

"Well, Slovakia and Czechia are my cousins, after our dad died, we all kinda just, moved in together," Ukraine explained taking a seat on the floor,

"Oh, I'm sorry about your father," Antarctica gave Ukraine a sympathetic look,

"It's fine he was a prick anyway," Ukraine pulled out a bag of pretzels from his backpack,

"Didn't Canada have those at his house?" Antarctica asked, looking at the bag of pretzels,

"Mmm yeah, he's probably noticed they're gone by now, but oh well. He's most likely use to me taking his food all the time by now," Ukraine munched on the pretzels, "Want some?"

"I'll pass, thank you though," Antarctica said, sitting down on the floor with Ukraine,

"So uh, do you like Greenland? I've kinda been wondering because it really seems like you two have something going on between you." 

Antarctica's face turned pink, "W-where did you g-get that idea-?!"

"Your blushing," Ukraine smirked, resting his chin in the palm of his hand, "Come on Tica, who am I gonna tell, the pretzel bag?

The continent stared at the floor in front of him, avoiding eye contact with Ukraine, "I-I mean... y-yeah I do..." his voice quiet as he spoke,

Ukraine's eyes lit up, "I knew it, you guys would make a really good couple. It's so obvious that Greenland likes you too ya know. Oh oh, when you go back you should tell him how you feeeel."

"I-I don't know, I highly doubt Greenland likes me..." he mumbled blushing, 

"Really Tica? I haven't even seen you guys together all that much, but for what I have seen it's obvious, come on think about it." Ukraine pressed,

Antarctica was about to say something in protest, but the memories of all the things he'd done with Greenland came flashing back. All the hugs, cuddles, and sweet moments they had together. Greenland was admittedly kinda blushy around him, really blushy in fact... "Oh my gosh, maybe he does-"

"See?! You should tell him Tica, and when you, do tell me everything afterward." Ukraine smiled, patting Antarctica on the shoulder,

"Okay okay, I'll consider telling him but that's it. I'm just scared because if something went wrong... I don't wanna ruin my friendship with Greenland..." Antarctica frowned, 

"Yeah I get that," Ukraine set the bag of pretzels aside, "I feel the same with Canada, and... I know he likes me but, it's scary if we do end up dating and then fall out later... I'd have just lost my closest friend and stuff..."

"I can't imagine you and Canada ever really having problems you wouldn't sort out. But if push came to shove, I doubt your guy's friendship would end. It doesn't seem like you guys to just stop talking because of something like that." Antarctica assured,

"Thanks Tica," Ukraine smiled slightly, "You should listen to your own advice sometimes,"

Antarctica laughed a bit, "So, you do like Canada, right?"

"Well I mean he's pretty great," Ukraine blushed a bit rubbing his neck, 

"I'll take that as a 'yes'" 

Ukraine nodded, "So what'd you say we bring out some video games?"

(A/N: Ahhh I'm really sorry about being gone for so long. My mental health was not in the best state, and to get myself back together I took a break from social media in general. I'm fine now though ^^ Sorry again for not uploading, I'll try to start being more consistent if I can; have a good day/night <3 )