Chapter 22

(Narrator POV)

(A/N: yes I did update earlier but wattpad said no, sorry)

"I love your friend Ukraine, just look at him, he's so cute!" Belarus enthused,  Ukraine just muttered something, unamused at his sister's antics. He was already annoyed that she'd woken them up at 7 am just to hug the two of them and talk.

"Oh, I think I was supposed to tell you guys breakfast was ready but I got distracted," Belarus giggled, "Oops,"

"Bel if Russia and Slovakia ate everything because you didn't say anything earlier I swear-" Ukraine stood up turning towards Antarctica, "If you want I can just grab you some food and bring it back. I know my family can be intimidating soo, I don't want to force you into a situation with them,"

"It's fine, I'll come." Antarctica smiled getting up,

"You can sit next to me if you want, I want to know more about the house you mentioned earlier, with all the snow everywhere!" Belarus bubbled as they walked out into the living room,

Antarctica chuckled at Belarus's enthusiasm, "Sure why not,"

"Oh thank god Russia and Slovakia aren't here," Ukraine exasperated as the dining table came into view, "Morning Kazakhstan,"

The blue and gold country looked up from the book he was reading, "Good morning Ukraine, Belarus, and... Antarctica right?" Antarctica nodded, "Ah, well I made sure to save you guys food before Russia, Czechia, and Slovakia ate everything."

"Thanks Kazzy!" Belarus excitedly sat down at the table, "Antarctica sit here," Belarus patted the spot next to her, "Do you like buchty?"

"I've never heard of it," Antarctica said,

"Try some," Belarus handed Antarctica a plate that had some on it, "It's a kind of bread, by the way, nothing exotic."

"Thank you," he took one of the rolls off the plate and took a bite from it, "It's good,"

"Yeah Czech's cooking is the best!" she gushed, "You have to come over again sometime Antarctica, and then you can try the kuladja he makes, it's soo good."

Antarctica tentatively looked to Ukraine who was sitting on the other side of him, for reassurance,

"It'd be nice to have you over again," Ukraine grinned,

"I'd like that," he nodded,

Kazakhstan closed his book and stood up, picking up the dirty plates scattered about the table.

"Leaving already?" Ukraine asked,

"I have been sitting here for half an hour making sure your food didn't get eaten," 

"Shoot, sorry Kaz, you didn't have to do that," Ukraine apologized, Kazakhstan shrugged,

"It's fine, enjoy your breakfast," he smiled softly and went into the kitchen,

"You too Kaz!" Belarus said loudly,

"Bel he already- nevermind," Ukraine sighed, 

"Will you tell me more about your home in the snow and the penguins Antarctica?" she chirped,

"Of course!"

---

"Do you have to go Antarctica?" Belarus frowned as they stood outside the front door,

"Bel," Ukraine rolled his eyes, "Czech made cupcakes, why don't you go get Antarctica one before he leaves,"

Belarus's face lit up as she turned around and bolted back inside.

"Why do I have a feeling there aren't cupcakes?" Antarctica said,

"Because there isn't," Ukraine closed the door, "We have about two minutes before she realizes I lied to her."

"Thanks for inviting me over Ukraine," Antarctica smiled,

"Yeah, of course! It was a lot of fun," he pulled Antarctica in a short hug, "You should get going before Belarus comes back,"

"Bye Ukraine," Antarctica gave a curt wave before turning around to leave,

"And don't forget what we talked about last night!" Ukraine said, Antarctica blushed and just nodded while continuing to walk.

---

Antarctica opened the door to the hotel room, surprised to see Greenland awake sitting at the desk.

"Hey Ren!" he grinned, 

Greenland set down the cup of coffee he was drinking, "You're here early,"

"And you're awake for once, I'm oh so very proud of you Greenland," Antarctica teased,

"I'm starting to think you should've just stayed at Ukraine's," Greenland muttered, taking a sip of coffee,

Antarctica stifled a laugh, sitting down on the bed and scrolling through his phone. He looked back up at Greenland, remembering his conversation with Ukraine, feeling his face begin to heat up, I can't just tell him, that'd be absurd. What would I even say? 

"Did you want something Snowflake?" Antarctica snapped out of his thoughts, realizing Greenland was looking back at him,

"N-no I uh-" He stuttered, trying to come up with an excuse, knowing  Greenland would probably start to get irritated if he came up with something dumb. The country sighed and got up from the desk chair, taking a seat at the end of the bed.

"While you were gone, I talked to Canada, like you asked me too," he said after a minute of silence between them,

"That's great Ren! What did you guys-" Greenland held up his hand for Antarctica to stop talking,

"And I..." Greenland turned his head so the continent couldn't see his face, his voice lowering as he spoke, "There's something I wanna talk to you about, Antarctica,"

Anxiety flooded through Antarctica's body, "W-what is it?"

Greenland stayed silent,

"Greenland what is it?" Antarctica quavered,

He shook his head, "Tonight, I uh, wanna take you somewhere, is.. that okay?"

The continent blinked in confusion, "That's... it?"

"Uh.. yeah" Greenland looked down,

"Of course it's okay Ren," Antarctica smiled, moving over next to Greenland, "I'm excited to see where you'll bring me,"

(A/N: I just needed this chapter to be done honestly, I had no idea how to end it so fndsajf. not proof read but that's no surprise. sorry for not being consistent about updates I've been busy and stuff uh, I'm sorry this chapter is probably dshgfdshjfgdsh cringe, just,, have a good day/night)