Chapter 5

(Antarctica's POV)
I smiled sadly, glad that Greenland wasn't pushing me away, but it hurt to see him in pain. Did something happen when he came into his room? Now that I think about it.. the door was open..
"Ren, can I ask why you left your door open..?" I whispered, continuing to stroke his back,
"My door.. was open?" he mumbled in confusion, quickly sitting up,"Snowflake how'd you get in here?"
"Your door was left open??" I repeated, his eye widened,
"If I left it open from when I..." Greenland whispered, "I left my door open when I.. took a.." Greenland"s face began to turn bright red.
"Are you okay? Your face got really red again."
"Yeah I just... accidentally left the door open.." he muttered hugging his knees to his chest,
"Oh. Uhh Ren.. do you wanna talk about.. you know.." I tilted my head towards the blade on the ground. Greenland shook his head, frowning.
"Don't worry about me." he said, getting up, "Do you just.. I don't know.. wanna watch TV?"
"Sure.. and, Ren, you know you can always talk to me right?" I gave him a sympathetic smile while getting up,
"I know." he mumbled, walking over to the TV stand and grabbing the remote. I sat on the edge of the bed, while Greenland took his spot in the middle of the bed, "Any preferences?"
"Anything is fine." I shrugged, never having watched TV, or any kind of film really,
"If you say so." Greenland said, starting to flip through the channels.

(Time skip)

I sighed, staring at the ceiling, it'd been about an hour since Greenland and I sat down to watch TV. An hour entirely of just watching Greenland flip through every channel for like the fifth time.
"Okay, that's it." I said, moving to sit next to Greenland and grab the remote from him, "I'm picking."
He shrugged, leaning back against the pillows. I quickly checked the TV guide, selecting the first thing I saw, which ended up being a movie called "IT"
"Uhh Snowflake, you sure that's what you wanna watch?" Greenland questioned, raising an eyebrow,
"Yes I'm very sure." I rolled my eyes at him, unsure as to why he was so worried,
"Don't say I didn't warn you.." he muttered, resting his head in the palm of his hand,
The movie seemed innocent enough, an adorable little kid playing with his paper boat. Though, admittedly, it did give off an eerie vibe. I watched sadly as the boy's paper boat went down the storm drain, the kid looking inside to see if he could find his boat. Almost screaming as a figure appeared within the drain. I trembled, watching the creature as it talked to the boy, fear flowing through my body. I looked over to Greenland, confused as to how he managed to stay so calm. I scooted closer to him, feeling safer in doing so. Out of nowhere, the creature bit the boy, I screamed, not wanted to see anymore. Greenland quickly grabbed the remote and turned off the TV.
"Snowflake it's okay, it's not real." he said, holding my hand, almost sounding as if he were trying to soothe me,
"I-I know it's n-not real." I whispered, shaking, "I just.."
"Heyitsokaypleasedontcry." he said, slurring his words before repeating more slowly, "Please don't cry Snowflake.."
"I'm... crying?" I whispered, taking off my goggles, sure enough I was crying, "I g-guess you were right to question if I-I really wanted to watch that.." I said trying to smile, though Greenland didn't look happy with my response. He sighed, softly squeezing my hand,
"You know.. you should wear your goggles less..." he whispered, turning his head in the other direction,
"Why?" I asked, confused at his sudden comment,
"No reason..." Greenland paused, "Just.. it's nice to see your eyes clearly.. you.. have nice eyes..." he stammered,
"You really think so?" my heart sped up, the fear I'd felt earlier vanishing, Is there something wrong with me?
"Yeah," he mumbled, adding quickly, "But your still an idiot."
I chuckled, hoping he wasn't serious about his remark. Turning my attention to clock on the nightstand, it really wasn't that late, only 4:21, "Do you wanna go walk around town?"
"Why not?" Greenland got up and stretched, it was only then that I noticed he didn't have his usual jacket or hat on. He was wearing a sweater that looked identical to the one he had yesterday, just a different color. Scars dotted where his bandages didn't reach on his arms. "Uh.. it's.. not nice to stare..." Greenland muttered, his face bright red,
"Oh sorry.. I didn't realize I was." I tried to laugh off my embarrassment, quickly getting up off the bed, "Ready to go?"
"Yup," he said, putting on his jacket and hat, then went to hold the door open for me, "After you."