Chapter 20

(Narrator POV)

"I hope you won't mind my brothers too much or my family in general," Ukraine said, "They can kinda be... overwhelming."

"I'm sure it's fine," Antarctica reassured,

"No, not really," Canada mumbled,

"Oh hush you have three brothers that are just as bad," Ukraine sighed, "Anyways I don't wanna keep you waiting, I had a lot of fun!"

"I did too," Antarctica smiled, "We'll see you guys again soon hopefully,"

"See ya!"

"Bye," Canada waved, 

Greenland gave a curt nod and followed Antarctica outside. As soon as they reached the sidewalk Antarctica enlaced his hand with Greenland's and smiled softly, a faint blush on his face. Should I ask him about it? Greenland thought, looking at Antarctica, I know he probably did it as a 'friend' thing but I still can't help but wonder...

"Snowflake," Greenland said softly,

"Yeah Ren?" he turned to look at him,

"Do you... remember last night, when you..." Greenland hesitated, already feeling himself start to blush "you know, uh" he tapped the side of his face,

Antarctica's eyes widened, his face turning a deep red, "O-oh- Y-you know I can't wait till we see Canada and Ukraine again, can you?"

"Snowflake-"

"I mean, didn't you have fun yesterday? I-"

"Antarctica," Greenland put his hands on his friend's shoulders, a concerned expression on his face, "Is something wrong?"

Yes, I think I'm in love with you and I don't know what to do, "I-I'm fine," he slurred,

"You know you can talk to me right Snowflake?" Greenland said, gently cupping Antarctica's face, 

"Y-yes," Antarctica's heart felt like it was about to explode, Greenland's hands were near freezing compared to how warm Antarctica's face was, "S-sorry I guess I'm just a bit on edge is all,"

Greenland sighed knowing Antarctica was lying but decided if he didn't want to tell him, he wouldn't push it. He took Antarctica's hand in his again, if he couldn't help him, he'd at least try to make him happy.

"Well come on, we should get back before noon," Greenland tried his best to put on a genuine smile. Antarctica nodded, tightening his grasp on his friend's hand. After a few minutes, Antarctica laughed and wrapped his arms around Greenland's arm.

"Ren," he said, a soft smile on his face,

"Hmm?"

"I love you and... thank you, F-for being my friend," he added quickly,

Greenland was taken aback, not expecting him to say that, though the 'for being my friend' still hurt more than it should've. He wanted to say 'I love you too' but couldn't find the ability to do so. 

"Do you," Greenland faltered, "Want to sit on top of my shoulders again?"

Antarctica's eyes lit up, "Really? You'd let me?"

"Tch," Greenland stared at the ground blushing, "Well I asked didn't I?"

"Yes!" Antarctica beamed, "It was so much fun last time, and..."

"Antarctica?" Greenland said after Antarctica went silent,

"Sorry, I just... I miss us being alone together in that house is all..." he whispered,

I know he didn't mean it like that, so why- why does it feel like he did mean it like that, "You know... we can't stay in the hotel forever," 

"I know," Antarctica frowned, Greenland held his forehead, What am I doing? Was I really just about to suggest living together? "Are you gonna get down so I can sit on your shoulders, Ren?"

"Ah right, sorry,"

---

"Hey Ren, I'm gonna go to sleep," Antarctica said, "Wake me up if you need something,"

"Alright," he mumbled, boredly staring at Antarctica's phone, which he'd been letting Greenland use since he didn't have his, "Oh, and Ukraine texted you," Greenland tossed Antarctica his phone,

"Thank you," Antarctica tapped the notification and read over Ukraine's message,

[Ukraine] Hey would you be free to come over tomorrow?

[Antarctica] Yeah!

[Ukraine] Great!

[Ukraine] My address is (insert address here :/), do you think you can come by 12pm?

[Antarctica] I should be able to.

[Ukraine] Alright! If you cant make it then, its fine

[Antarctica] I'll let you know if I can't

[Ukraine] kk, have a good night Tica!

[Antarctica] Thanks, you too

Antarctica turned his phone off and set it down on the nightstand.

"I'll be going to Ukraine's tomorrow," 

"Oh..." Greenland frowned,

"Hey, it's only one day," Antarctica gave him a sympathetic smile,

"As if I care," he grumbled, Antarctica rolled his eyes,

"Will you sleep with me tonight?" 

Greenland's face turned red, "Jeez what's with you today, you've been so clingy all day." he muttered, regardless, he still went and crawled in bed with him. Antarctica just smiled knowing he didn't mean anything by it. Greenland moved over and wrapped his arm around Antarctica's waist, spooning him.

"Night cuddle bug," Antarctica teased,

"S-shut up and go to sleep," Greenland mumbled,

(A/N: uh I really don't know what to say anymore, sorry this chapter was, ehhh. There's probably a lot of mistakes so I apologize. npr- Have a good day/night!)