Chapter 3

(Greenland POV)

5 hour time skip
"So your brother's name is Iceland, and your father's name is Denmark?" Antarctica recalled, I nodded, "Are.. you and your father close..?"
"I mean I guess.." I shrugged, not wanting to answer that, "Do you.. not have a parent figure?"
"Not really.." he mumbled, "But honestly I'm fine with it. I've always had Arctic to go to and well, now I have you!"
My face reddened as Antarctica smiled at me. Why'd he always have to say stuff like that?
"The party is starting, come on you two." Arctic said, slamming the door open, "Everyone is here already."
Antarctica nodded, his sister giving him a thumbs up before leaving.
"We should probably get going," Antarctica said, getting up and leading us downstairs. My stomach churned as I felt myself start panicking. I hated parties, especially with people I barely interacted with.
"Hey don't look so worried, everything's gonna be okay. We have each other after all." Antarctica smiled, offering his hand for me to hold,
"Yeah whatever.," I muttered, turning away from him. The closer we got to the door, the worse I felt. "Hey Antarctica, I'm actually feeling kinda sick.." I lied, biting my lip,
"I'm sorry," Antarctica said, placing a hand on my shoulder, "I'll go tell my sister so we can get you to bed."
"Wait that's not necessary-" I said, not even getting a chance to finish my sentence before he dashed into the living room. I sighed, lifting up the sleeves of my jacket, running my hands down the bandages Antarctica had given me last night. They were stained with blood. Why is he so kind to me.. most people freak out about the cuts on my arms..
"Okay, let's get you into bed." Antarctica said, grabbing my arm and bringing me back to his room, "Here, give me your hat and jacket."
Complying, I handed him my jacket and hat, in which he put them on the coat rack by the door. I got under the covers of the bed, sitting up against the bed frame.
"I'll be right back Ren!" Antarctica smiled, leaving the room to who knows where.

"Okay, sorry that took so long." Antarctica said as he entered the room, carrying a tray with a mug on it, "I hope you like hot chocolate, I made it myself." He set down the tray, it had a cup of hot chocolate with whip cream and marshmallows,
"Oh wow.. Snowflake, you really didn't have to do that.." I whispered. Antarctic shook his head and sat on the edge of the bed.
"I wanted to, hot chocolate always makes me feel better so maybe it'd do the same for you!" Antarctica laughed, glancing over at me. He frowned, noticing my stained bandages, "Stay here."
Antarctica said, getting up and going over to a dresser, opening a drawer and pulled out fresh bandages. He walked back over to me, taking his seat on the bed again.
"Snowflake ye really don't have to..." I mumbled,
"Too bad," he said, rolling his eyes. He made quick work of removing the bandages and replacing them with new ones, "There you go."
"Why are you being so nice to me.." I  asked,
He smiled, enlacing his hand with mine, "Because you're my friend!" I could feel my face grow hot. What's wrong with me? Normally I'd shove away anyone who even tried to touch me.
"Greenland? Are you okay? Your face just got really red." Antarctica asked, reaching out his hand towards my forehead. I quickly swatted away his hand, letting go of Antarctica's other hand. He had a mixture of surprise and hurt on his face, "S-Sorry, I should've asked before feeling your forehead.."
"Tch." I grabbed the hot cocoa, taking a drink, "Oh my god.." I whispered. The hot coco tasted heavenly, having a perfect mixture of peppermint, vanilla, and cinnamon,
"Is it.. really that bad..?" Antarctica mumbled,
"No Snowflake this is.. amazing.." I enthused, giving him a smile,
"I'm so happy you like it!" he giggled, smiling like an idiot,
"You could probably start some sort of hot chocolate cafe and become famous." Antarctica blushed at my praise,
"Ren you're giving me way too much credit. Besides, I don't have the motivation to open a cafe," he said, waving off the idea,
"Well then, will you at least make me some every now and then?" I asked, confused as to why I was so happy,
"I'd love to." he smiled, "Are you feeling better? You seem pretty happy."
"I.. uhh" I trailed off, unsure if I should tell him that I just really didn't want to go the party or keep lying. I sighed, knowing that I should tell the truth, "Antarctica, I just, didn't really feel like going to the party. I don't even know your sister and it'd be really awkward.. Sorry.."
"To be honest, I didn't really want to go to the party myself. So we're on the same iceberg- er boat." Antarctica gave me a sympathetic smile, "Just next time make sure you tell me the truth about how you feel."
"Jeez, you don't have to lecture me," I muttered, crossing my arms. Antarctica playfully punched me in the arm,
"Loosen up a little Ren, you're always so serious." he giggled, glancing over at the clock which read 10:55, "Would you mind if I slept in bed too? I can always go to another room but... I wanna stay with you, not in a weird way or anything of course."
"I.. err uh.." I turned away, didn't he realize what he was asking? "Sure I guess, just don't do anything stupid and stay on your side."
Antarctica rolled his eyes and nodded. Taking clothes from the nightstand drawer and getting changed into them. Now that I could actually see his face without those stupid goggles in the way, he looked kinda cute. Wait- what the hell is wrong with me? He looks stupid, not cute. I moved as far away from him as possible when he got in bed, trying to be discreet about my movements.
"Night Ren," Antarctica said yawning, as he turned off the lamp,
"Night Snowflake..." I whispered, finding it surprising how fast I drifted to sleep.

(A/N: Aii, here's the redo of chapter 3. And of course, it hasn't been proof read ;-;. Have a good day yall, sorry for the short chapter)