Chapter 7

(A/N: Remake of chapter 7)

WARNING: This chapter contains descriptions of self-harm and mentions suicide.

(Narrator POV)

Greenland frowned, staring at his phone that had 30 missed calls, all from his father. Who apparently had called him when he was out shopping with Antarctica. It'd been fun honestly, and he was glad that he managed to cheer up his friend. Turning his attention back to his phone, Greenland sighed, Father probably wants me to come back home... he thought, clenching his fists,

"Dammit what the hell am I suppose to do!?" he kicked the wall, tears forming in his eye as he took his jacket off, "I'm not supposed to be here..."

The country walked over to the corner where his razor blade was left on the ground from when Antarctica came into his room. He ripped off the bandages Antarctica gave him. It'd been about four days since he last cut himself, leaving his arms still swollen and red. Using the blade, he drove several gashes into both of his arms. Tears welling in his eye as he pressed the blade down into his arm. Holding back screams as he did it a second time.

"Why are you being so nice to me.." Greenland asked,
Antarctica smiled, enlacing his hand with Greenland's, "Because you're my friend!"

"I'm... sorry Snowflake..." Greenland choked. He winced at the pain from the cuts, blood dripping out onto the carpet, "Shit shit shit..." The country quickly ran to the bathroom placing the blade in the sink, then getting down on his knees resting his arms over the bathtub.

"I wanted to, hot chocolate always makes me feel better so maybe it'd do the same for you!" Antarctica laughed,

"Get out of my head dammit.." the country muttered, pounding his fist down on the edge of the tub, "You were just gonna leave me in the end like everyone else... just because you act differently than them means nothing..."

Antarctica smiled at Greenland, "I'm really glad we're friends."

Greenland began to let out gut-wrenching sobs, I should've jumped sooner instead of letting him stop me. Greenland's ringtone went off, shakily, the country got up, quickly grabbing his phone from the nightstand before running back to the bathroom. Dad... Greenland declined the call, noticing he had an unread message.

|Unknown Number| Have a goodnight, Ren!

Greenland's hand shook as he typed, Maybe... he's different...

|Greenland| can you come over

|Unknown Number| Sure! Just give me a minute.

The country stared at his phone, regretting texting his friend. Silence stretched on for what felt like forever until he finally heard a light knock on the door, stumbling to get up and open it. Antarctica stood at the door, wearing shorts and a T-shirt, leading Greenland to assume he'd been about to go to bed.

"Hi Green-" Antarctica gasped, seeing Greenland's bloodied arms. He quickly entered the room, shutting the door behind him and embraced the taller country. Greenland closed his eye and leaned against Antarctica, tears trickling down his cheek, "You clod, look what you did to yourself."
Antarctica said, bringing Greenland to the bathroom, "Sit on the counter."

"No..." Greenland mumbled, resting his full weight on the small country,

"Sit on the counter." Antarctica snapped, Greenland complied, surprised at the country's tone, "You better be on that counter when I come back."

Greenland nodded, unable to process everything that was happening as Antarctica left the room, taking the keycard with him. Did... he leave me...? Greenland asked himself, picking up the blade and examining it. After a few minutes went by, the door opened with Antarctica carrying a first aid kit.

"Wha- Greenland!" Antarctica grabbed the blade and threw it in the trash can, "God, I can't even leave you alone for a minute."

"I'm not a child," Greenland muttered as Antarctica started examining his arms,

"But you're my friend, Greenland. And I'm not gonna let you keep hurting yourself." Antarctica frowned, seeing the two particularly deep gashes. Using rubbing alcohol, the country set to work at cleaning the cuts. Greenland winced at the stinging of the alcohol, happy when Antarctica was finally finished and starting wrapping his arms, "You can... get down now..."

Greenland didn't waste any time hopping off the counter and sitting down on the bed. Antarctica trailed behind him, staring at the ground.

"Ren... why did you do that..." he whispered,

"What?"

"Why did you do that," Antarctica said a bit louder,

"It doesn't matter."

"Greenland. Answer me please, I get it if you don't trust me that much, we did just meet a few days ago. But I think I deserve an explanation of what brought you to do that to yourself." Antarctica quavered, looking up at the country,

"Look I..." Greenland said, his voice nearly cracking, "Things just aren't great at home... that's... all I'm gonna say..."

"Thank you, for atleast telling me that," Antarctica placed his hands over Greenland's,

"You should get some sleep... sorry for bothering you..."

"What no, Ren, you don't bother me at all. Please don't be afraid to text or call me." the country assured, "And if I am going to go to bed, It'll be here. I don't trust you to be alone right now."

"What!? I'm not some dumb kid that needs someone watching over them all the time." Greenland interjected,

"Ren, we talked about this, look it's just one night okay?"

Greenland shuffled his feet, tears forming in his eye again. Why do you care about me so much Snowflake?

"F-fine..." Greenland murmured, crawling into bed, Antarctica softly smiled, getting into bed on the other side and turning off the lamp.

"Good night Ren..." Antarctica yawned, curling up in a ball. Greenland shifted over, wrapping his arms around the smaller country, a light blush spread across Antarctica's face.

"Night Snowflake..."

(A/N: This is completely different from the old chapter 7... yup. Well uh, hoped you enjoyed it at least, took the entire day to write ((I'm not very good at writing self-harm and etc.)) Not proof read... heh..)