Chapter 14

(A/N: Cringe :/ )

(Narrator POV)

Greenland wearily walked towards his father's house, having already been about an hour. If things went well, he should be able to go in and see what Denmark wants from him and leave. But knowing his father, the chances of that happening were scarce. As Greenland continued on, his father's house came into view, increasing the sickening feeling in his stomach.

"Hey... Greenland." Greenland slowly looked up to see Iceland, he had his hand in his pockets with a sorrowful expression on your face,

"Did dad send you out to wait for me..." Greenland muttered, tightening his grip on his bag,

"No, I came out here on my own accord. Dad said you were coming home and I thought I'd come and..." Iceland trailed off, not sure what to say,

"How's mom?" Greenland asked after a few moments of silence,

"I... she's okay..." he murmured, avoiding eye contact with Greenland, "Look, about last time we saw each other, I-"

"It's fine, you got a girlfriend, I really don't care." his words came out harsh, making Iceland flinch a bit, "I don't even plan on being here longer than I have to. After I see mom I'm leaving and never coming back."

"I was really worried about you Green, you left us without saying goodbye. Do you know how much I tried to contact you, how many ways? I'm assuming you blocked me specifically if you're still in contact with dad..." Iceland lowered his voice to a whisper, tears welling in his eyes, "Dad's changed Greenland..."

"Iceland." Greenland felt bile rise in his throat, "You know it's different for you right? You're free from dad's restrictions, you've proven yourself to be worth his praise. I've always been the disappointment and that's something he won't let me forget."

"But he's changed, I mean it," Iceland pleaded, 

"I don't feel like listening to your bullshit anymore Iceland, just take me inside already so I can get this over with." 

Iceland looked at Greenland hopelessly and shook his head. He hesitated before walking to the front of the house with Greenland behind him, opening the already unlocked door and letting his brother go in first.

"Wheres mom?" Greenland asked, not seeing her anywhere,

"I'm pretty sure she's in the kitchen with father."

Greenland quickly made his way to the kitchen, near speechless at the sight of his mom.

"Mom...?" he whispered, 

"Greenland my boy," Greenland felt a hand on his shoulder, "So glad you came,"

His mother stayed silent, staring blankly at the table.

"I didn't come here for you," Greenland spat, shaking his fathers hand off his shoulder,

"Ah, I need to speak to Greenland alone for a moment," Denmark smiled, nodding for Greenland to go out into the hall. Reluctantly, he complied and walked out into the hall out of earshot from the others,

"Yes?" he asked, refraining from letting his voice crack,

"What the hell was this about," Denmark pulled out a short note Greenland had wrote before he left, leaving him unable to speak, "We're you really considering taking your own life? Do you realize how embarrassing that'd be?"

"Is that really all you care about..." he faltered, not sure if he really wanted to hear the answer,

"That's what your worried about? You disrespected the rules I set up for you and you think-"

"I'm not a child anymore Dad, I came here to see mom and that's it."

"You know what? I'm done arguing Greenland, just go to your room."

"But-"

"I don't want to hear it, you've already disappointed me enough today."

Greenland stared at the ground as tears formed in his eye, begrudgingly going up the stairs and slamming the door to his old room. I knew it was bullshit that he changed... Greenland thought, collapsing on the floor and breaking into sobs. He missed Antarctica, wishing that he'd never left his friend. Antarctica... Greenland took out his phone, his fingers lingering on the call button until he finally gathered the courage to press it.

(A/N: I really struggled writing this, as per I struggle writing angst. I've also been behind on school work lately, so I haven't had as much time as I would've liked to work on this. My apologies for the messiness and disorganization of this entire chapter dnsjdj, I eventually just gave in and decided to publish what I have,, so, please don't hate me :') I just wanna get back to writing fluff)