CHAPTER TWELVE

"My brother Oliver was a clown. Unlike most siblings we got along just fine. Wherever we go we caused trouble and confusion. Oliver had a smart mouth with no filter that's going to be one of the things I'll miss about him. He passed that trait down to his children." Aunt Liliana laughs wiping her eyes and looking at my brother and I with a little smile.

  "He has always been with me through thick and thin especially when I found out that I couldn't have children. He left his family and drove an hour thirty minutes away from his house to mine just to go comfort me and yell at my husband for being a 'shitty being' for not being able to calm me and make me happy again. As twins we shared a close bond. I'm not going to say that sappy stuff about how he's still with us because to be honest a part of me is missing and I might never be able to get him back. I miss him so much" with that she breaks down crying. I stand up and drag her away from the podium to sit beside me. She sits beside my mother who just holds her hand. If not for the tears that are sliding down her cheeks and wobbly lips my mum looks emotionless.

   At this point I've run out tears to shed. It been two days since the death and here we are sitted in the surprisingly spacious grave site saying our final goodbyes. The body of my dad lays still in a coffin looking clean,neat and well preserved. He looks almost fake. Eyes closed, skin to smooth like plastic and features relaxed. It's unusual. My dad always has a smile on his face or this goofy grin. I stare at my hands replaying my  best moments with my dad. 

  I walk towards the podium in a zombie like state. I know my dad will want me to say something, I can't just let him go without a word.

"My dad was a carefree guy who swore....alot. It annoyed my mum to the max but she got used to it and eventually started it too. I was his favorite and he always made that known since the day I was born. He gave me double of whatever my brother got, he once took me for a week beach vacation because my mum and brother traveled out of state and left me behind . I was his little princess still am. I remember the day my brother snitched and told him that I got my first kiss, he marched into the school straight to the principal's office and asked how they could allow sexual molestation on school grounds. He was so close to suing the school." everyone laughed at this even my mum

" I'll miss him dearly. We all will. Rest in peace dad I love you."with that the casket is closed but not before  I place a white rose in it. I look up at the little podium near the grave as the pastor demands for us to get on our feet and gather around the now closed coffin.

Minutes later the casket is slowly lowered into the earth. It's at this time my mum cracks screaming at the top of her lungs and sobbing as she falls t o her knees, my brother at her side trying his best to console her.

"We therefore commit this body to the ground, earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust; in sure and certain hope of the Resurrection to eternal life. Amen." With that we were all given a chance to drop a rose on the casket before it's was immersed in sand . It took a lot of effort to get my mum and Aunt to do it tho.

  My mum's screams and sniffles of friends and family is all I hear in the silent grave yard.
  Eventually my mum's exhausted body is carried away by my brother into the car as other members walking behind her.

"Olivia. It's going to be ok. Everything will be fine." Leo comes up behind me placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. I turn around hugging him and burying my face in his suit. The scent of his unnecessarily expensive perfume wafts into my nose.
"Come on lets go."he grabs my hand as me walk away from the now leveled grave holding the once lively body of my beloved dad.

......

   Here I am sitting on the couch in my parents home watching the little ones in my family run around completely unaware of the tragedy that has stuck us all. People scattered around the house on the couch,in guest rooms and even the floor. The heater turned on due to the sudden decrease in temperature outside. A low pitched whine pulls me out of my taughts. I look down at Ruby who looks as sad as everyone else or hungry. Honestly I don't know. I run my fingers through her fur and she lays back down. I guess she's just sad.