CHAPTER EIGHT

"I'm so tired" I groan dragging my large white and grey five foot tall bear on the floor. His name is Barry or bear-y. I drop him on the couch and look at Aiden who is also holding a bunch of stuffed animals I made him win. He has a talent in carnival games so why not put it to good use.

"You're tired? I had to win over eight over grown animals why you walked around shopping for candy. I also had to bring them in. I am tired. I should get a reward."  he mumbles the last part glaring at me before going back to the car to bring in bags of candy and chips.

"Sit here while I go help daddy." I walk behind Leo to the kitchen. He drops the bags.I point at some bags of gummies.
"Those go into the second cupboards top shelf. The candy corn oreos into the third." I say popping a grape into my mouth. He freezes.
"Aren't you going to help me?" He asks pointing at the things.
"I am helping"
"Lazy bitch" he mumbles.
"Hey not infront of them!" I yell at him pointing at the stuffed animals who have now fallen face flat. I grab my phone and see a notification that I got a message. I tap on it and Aiden's name pops up.

You looked good today. I
Really love the kitten ears. Why
Don't u dress like that for me?

I stop breathing, my phone drops from my hand into the floor as I stand there frozen. I stare into space scared and surprise, not until I feel  Leo presence beside me. I look at him eye wide and gaping like a fish staring at my phone in his hands. His hands clench around my phone almost cracking it before he slams in onto the counter.

"I'm going to kill him." Leo growls, eyes darkening. I turn towards him.
"No you won't." he walks away from me grabbing  a set of keys from the table and walking to one of the locked cupboards in the kitchen. He opens them and they are full of guns. So many guns. Guns that will make hunters or the SWAT team jealous. I stare in shock .

"What are those doing in the kitchen?" I shreak.
"Security purposes" he says cocking a 9 millimeter. He walks past me and pulls out a hidden briefcase from the corner.
"Oh so what? Is the burglar going to steal your Nutella or maybe the whips?!" I exclaim. He pops the case open and in it are gloves Google's, binoculars basically a whole spying kit and a mini surgical kit.

I think my best friend is a serial killer. Or a psychopath. Probably both.

"Can you just calm down at least" I say trying to grab the gun.
"Oh I'll be calm...when he's 6 feet under. I'm out." I march infront of him blocking his path.
"If you walk out that door you'll never see me again for two reasons. One I'm going to turn you in I don't give a shit if you have the best lawyer in the state and two I can not spend my life with a murderer. You can be a psychopath but not a murderer."
"I won't kill him. Just warn him by putting a couple of bullets in his body. Now will you move." He asks calmly like this isn't his first time shooting a person.

Maybe it isn't.

I grab a frying pan and a spatula pointing them at him.
"If you walk out that door I'll smack you with this pan till your teeth fall out and set that red dungeon on fire" I threaten.
"First of all you won't dare hit me. Second I'm rich I can rebuild that room in days and equip them with way better things." He scoffs.
"Please just let it go. I'll get a restraining order against him" he laughs.
"Oh yeah because a flimsy piece of paper is meant to keep a psychopath away from you!" he yells out loud making me take a step back. Ruby comes out of nowhere standing in front of me barking and growling at Leo who stares at her unamused. He rolls his eyes carelessly tossing the gun away and storming past me. Ruby settles down and starts rubbing up on me whining. I sit on the floor petting her and running my fingers through her fur. She lays on my laps and closes her eyes ears still up and alert scanning for any threat.