CHAPTER NINE

I sit here staring at Leo beating the life out of Max. You think he would have learnt a lesson by now but no. Some minutes later, Max is currently lying on the white  living room carpet bleeding while Ruby and I are laying on the couch watching. It's a gruesome but lovely sight even Ruby loves it, her tail keeps rotating like a fan blade and her tongue is hanging out.

    Blood dripping down his face onto his crisp white shirt, Max lays on the floor bloody, beaten and slightly unconscious. Leo wipes his hands and walks up the stairs to our room while Ruby jumps down from the couch, sniffing and skipping over the unconscious body.

   "Are we going to leave him here?" I yell at Leo's retreating figure at which he ignores me. I roll my eyes hopping of my spot on the couch towards him. Small slight groans leave his lips as he slowly regains consciousness,he harshly coughs up blood from his swollen bruised lips. I contemplate on whether to help him up or leave him to bleed. I shrug jumping over his body as he tries to reach for my foot. 

"Ruby! Dinner!" She runs in bumping into random furnitures on the way. She sits beside me while a make a sandwich, throwing pieces of meat and greens at her. All of a sudden I hear a yell and  pleas coming from the living room. Im so happy we're in a secluded place. I look into the area to see Leo dragging Max away from getting close the door. He holds on to a table by the door making him stay put. Leo sighs and stomps on the hands making a crack ring through the room, loosening Max's grip and making him scream. 
    Aaron runs in staring at the scene before him. He sighs placing a hand on Leo's shoulder and whispering into his ear. Leo relaxes and sighs walking into the kitchen to where I am. I hand him a sandwich which he thanks me for.

"So any plans tomorrow?" I ask mouth full of food.
"Not much. We have to go to my Rosie's birthday party tho."

    Tomorrow is Leonardo's little sister's birthday which is a really really big deal in their family and which is why I really don't want to go to. Everyone will be there
     It's going to be full of people, mainly parents asking us 'why hasn't Leo hasn't proposed?' or 'why aren't you guys dating? You're not getting younger '. I sigh suddenly loosing my appetite, looking at Leo just to see him done . I throw the reminder of my sandwich at Ruby and run up the stairs walking into the room and flopping on the bed. Leo comes in and jumps on me. I lay there groaning in pain since I just ate, not having enough energy to push him off of me.

"Hey" He asks still laying on me. I stay silent making him sigh. He starts to hum a song from the fault in our Stars. A movie I've made him watch over and over. I groan and push him off begging him to let me sleep.
"I hope you got rid of the blood" He shuts up making me groan. After a while he gets off of me and pulls me close before wrapping an arm around me. I releases a content sigh let myself fall into a peaceful slumber. The last thing I remember is a kiss on my temple and hands rubbing my back

.....

   I jump off the bed the second I feel ice cold water being splashed on my face.
    I look up at the culprit. Standing at the foot of the bed with a poop eating grin is Alexis. Leo's cousin and the only adult in Leo's family I can tolerate .

But not right now. I'm going to kill her.

   Her grey eyes sparkling with mischief, wavy mid-night black hair that go past her shoulders and glowing olive glowing skin that I'll kill for.

"It's almost 9 o'clock wake the fudge up."She yells throwing the bucket over her shoulder and dusting her hands. I look at the wall clock and it's five minutes past eight. I give flip her the bird before getting off the bed onto my feet with water dripping down my hair and top. I push her out of the room ignoring her protests and slam the door shut.