Chapter 24

Roman's pov

I sighed heavily and leaned back on the couch placing my chin on my hand. I watched annoyed as Rowan tried offering Sora a slice of pizza.

My jaw clenched in anger as she pushed him away for the millionth time. She leaned in on herself and closed her eyes.

"I'm not hungry -" her soft words made me slam my hands on the coffee table without thinking.

"Sora! You need to fucking eat!" I froze after I yelled taking in Rowan's annoyed gaze as Sora got worked up, again.

"Don't you tell me what to do! I said I'm not-" this time her words were cut off by a coughing fit that had Reagan running into the room worried sick.

I rubbed my face and sighed as Rowan stomped over.

"Remember what the doctor said?!"

That pain in the behind? How could I forget?

At the doctors office, not too long ago.

"So, kids, all I'm saying is, from now on, take care of the poor girl!" The doctor snapped and pursed her lips. "That girl may act tough, but she's human, she feels pain too."

"What do you suggest?" Rowan asked giving in. I huffed and crossed my arms, but was listening intently.

The doctor smiled before getting serious.

"I know how this may sound, but just listen. Show her some real tender love, be bold, but gentle. That ought to do the trick. From what you kids have told me, I'm going to assume she's been taking care of you." The doctor paused and gave us each a stern thoughtful look. "How about you take care of her now, hmm?"

*end*

I huffed and nodded at Rowan, before glaring at the ceiling. "I'm trying here! Excuse me for not being as quick to lay down as you and Reagan!"

I watched Sora push Reagan away and lost it, jumping to my feet.

"That's it! I'm taking matters into my own hands, want me to be bold? Fine." I stomped over to Sora, ignoring her flinch, and picked her up.

Her eyes went wide and she weakly tried to push me away.

"Put me down down you bastard!" She screamed. I walked past Carrots, narrowing me eyes on him before giving him a smirk and entering my bedroom.

"Oh no Sora," I whispered in her ear as the bedroom door closed loudly. "We need to talk." I held back my grin as she shivered and tossed her on the bed.

Bold? I can be bold.

Sora's pov.

"What do you think you're doing?" I demanded after the cave-man tossed me on his bed like some sack of potatoes!

I gulped stunned when Roman walked over slowly and placed a hand next to my head.

W-what is he doing -

"I'm being bold." I titled my head to the side and blinked.

"Don't even try anything, I know kitty-kung-foo." I snapped viciously, and was stunned when he smiled. It wasn't arrogant, or prideful, it almost looked... gentle.

"Gods, I love it when you talk like that, I have no idea what you're saying though." Roman whispered and climbed on top of me.

I shrieked face burning bright red.

"You are suck a freak! Now get off!" I placed my hands on his chest and pushed- knowing all to well I was much too weak to push him away.

Curse my weakened body, I hate being sick!

I froze as Roman grabbed my hands gently, the hands on his chest, and he made that stupid smile again.

"I thought you liked feeling me up?"

I glared at him, furious.

"Are you seriously teasing me right now?!"

Roman sighed and suddenly my arms were pinned above my head.

"That little mouth of yours never ceases to piss me off, how about we take a different approach now?" I gulped again when he leaned down, and I quickly turned my head.

"What are you doing?" And why do I sound so breathless? I'm pissed at him! So I should be-

Roman kissed me. Hard.

I quickly kissed him back, desperately. A clashing of tongues and teeth.

Our legs quickly growing intertwined in a strange and beautiful dance.

I gasped for breath and he let go of my hands.

I pulled him closer desperately, hands fisting in his hair terrified he would disappear.

Suddenly- a sob left my lips, causing Roman to pull back. He quickly pulled me into his lap, letting me cry into his shoulder.

"I'm so, so sorry. I should have known, I should have-"

I pulled away from him wiping my face.

"Should have," I spat. "Pretty easy words to say." I watched slightly surprised when Roman bit back his anger.

"Sora, stop it, I care for you, I love-"

I jumped off his bed.

"Shut up!" I snapped stumbling. "Don't lie to me! Don't pretend-" I broke off panting. Roman walked over and I was unable to fight him when he placed a hand on my forehead.

"Your fever is back, let's get you back to the couch for rest."

I tried to calm my breathing.

I won't fall for this again, Chris pulled this, over and over, and he died.

A/N

It will get better!

Thanks for reading, and for waiting!

Comment,

Vote,

Share.

And tell me what you think!