Chapter 2. The ghost of birthday wishes.

I kept looking at the hallway- yes, the man was still standing there. Staring at me. It was very unnerving.

"Aria, I made you your favorite meal!" Sora announced drawing my attention from the creepy man. "Come sit at the table!" Sora grabbed my arm and dragged me into the dining room.

I looked behind me and sighed in relief to see he didn't follow. As I sat down, the man coming through the wall made a strange squeak bubble up in my throat.

Sora glanced down at me. "Sorry, did you not want mashed potatoes and meatloaf?"

I blinked. "Uhm, yes, I want it."

Carrots sat down and glanced at me concerned. He muttered something under his breath as Reagan sat next to him.

Brianna ran into the room, curly red hair flying behind her. "Today, I'm a model." She told Rowan then turned to me. "Aria, you can be my manager!"

I stared at her blankly. "We're going to eat dinner."

Her shoulders sagged, and Rowan quickly set her in a chair. "I'll be your manager Brianna, and we can do Roman's makeup."

Roman made a choked sound and I tensed when he sat beside me. "You are not touching my face." Roman snapped.

Sora giggled and kissed Roman before sitting on the other side of him. I twisting my fingers in my lap and waited.

Carrots stood and sighed. "I'll go get Reyland, he's probably still changing from practice."

A small gust of wind made me remember the strange man, and I turned glancing at him. He stood beside me and looked at the food before glancing at my face.

"Man, I'm a sucker for some good creamy mashed potatoes."

I slapped a hand over my mouth. "It speaks." I whispered. Roman glanced over and raised an eyebrow at me as the man got offended.

"It?! I'm an it now?!" I looked at the man ignoring everyone's concerned looks.

The man sighed and floated into the air touching his chin. "I suppose you might think you're imagining this." He peeked at me.

I shook my head.

He grinned with his bright white teeth and ran a hand through his black hair. "I'm a ghost! A very sexy one at that, wouldn't you agree?" He asked vainly.

I nodded shortly making him grin. Sora reached past Roman and touched my hand. "Aria, Aria baby, are you okay?"

I turned to Sora blinking. "Oh, I am fine."

I forgot they were there. I realized as Carrots walked in with Reyland.

Reyland looked annoyed that the only free seat was next to me, but sat down kicking me in the process.

"Ow." I said simply.

Everyone turned on Reyland in a flash. He raised his hands sending me a sharp glare. "It was an accident, damn."

The ghost cackled and floated over the table shaking his head. I followed him with my eyes entranced. "These people are something else." The ghost said and stared at the food.

I blinked again when Roman waved a bowl of corn on front of me. "Aren't you going to eat?"

I hesitantly took a small spoon full of everything making Roman raise an eyebrow. "Your mother spent all day cooking for you, and you grab five bites of food?"

I met his angry eyes and said nothing. Sora winced. "Roman, can we not right now? It's her birthday, and I made this food for everyone."

The ghost hovered in front of Roman as he took a bite, the fork going through the ghosts head as he stared at Roman. "You, are not a very nice person."

I burst into giggles at the sight, Roman couldn't see the ghost right in front of him! And was eating through him!

The ghost looked over eyes lighting up with pleasure when he made me laugh. Reagan glanced at me.

"What are you lauphing about?" He asked with a smile. I hesitantly smiled back and shrugged.

Reyland placed his fist over his mouth and coughed. "Freak." He muttered so only I could hear. I turned and glared at him, but the ghost had something to say.

"This one, needs some soap, honestly." The ghost sat on Reyland's head and shook his own tutting.

As Reyland ate with a ghost on his head, I couldn't help but giggle again. I covered my mouth to muffle it, but it came out anyway.

My family already thinks I'm crazy, so this shouldn't be a problem right?

The ghost laid on Reyland's head like a couch, stretched out and grinning like he owned the world.

Honestly, it shouldn't have been so funny, it was just that no one else could see this! There was a ghost on his head, and Reyland talking about his latest touchdown!

I gripped my stomach giggling so hard tears came from the corners of my eyes. Instead of asking why, or making fun of me, Sora burst out laughing as well.

This of course made Brianna and Carrots laugh.

Soon everyone but Roman and Reyland were lauphing. Of course, they were too good for such things.

Sora stood and wiped her eyes. "I'll get the cake."

I sat up straight excitement running through me. The ghost stood behind me as Sora placed the cake in front of me.

Reagan stood and carefully lit the candles. "Make a wish Aria." He told me smiling gently.

I stared at the candles and clapped my hand together before closing my eyes. It grew silent as I made my wish.

I wish, for a friend who doesn't judge me for being myself.

I looked up and was about to blow out the candles when I realized something. Everyone was frozen.

I frowned and paused seeing another man sitting on the table. I looked behind me to see the other ghost was gone.

"Who are you?" I asked staring at him. He had sandy brown hair and bright happy gray eyes. He looked surprised that I could see him, but quickly grinned.

"I, am the wishing ghost! Tada!" He shouted doing a spin.

I clapped and tilted my head to the side. "Does this mean, my wish will come true?"

He lifted a finger. "It's my job to get it as close to coming true as possible! So, let me check your area, to see if anyone is around who would be your friend!"

He closed his eyes and hummed, floating in the air.

I waited eagerly as he opened his eyes. His sad expression made my shoulders sag.

"There isn't anyone, is there? Who would want to be my friend without judging me." I bit my lip.

The ghost floated over and frowned. "I'm sorry, is there anything else you want?"

I just don't want to be alone anymore.

I looked at him hopefully. "Will you be my friend?"

He froze and stared at me. "Most people can't see me, so you must be special."

I wilted further. "Yeah, I get that a lot..."

He shook his head. "No, it's good that you're different, that means I can grant your wish!"

Everything suddenly got brighter, and as the world started moving once more, the power went out.

"Oops, got too excited." The ghost of wishes admitted as Brianna shrieked.