Chapter 15

I sat on the couch and let out a sigh of contentment my head falling onto Rowan's as we sat in the couch together.

His arm was around my shoulder tucking me closed as his thumb ran along the pulse in my neck. I looked up at him shivering. A girl could get used to this. Rowan looked down at me and grinned.

"What's it like being a cat anyway?"

I nibbled on my bottom lip and shrugged swallowing for some odd reason nervous.

"Depends, sometimes it was really fun. Other times..." I trailed and off and smiled at him happy to finally be able to be held by the guys I had been living with for weeks.

Rowan touched the lip I had been chewing on and leaned down making my eyes flutter close against my will. My mind drifted back to this morning, when he had discovered his cat was really a human.

Flashback to the kiss

"Would it be too soon, to ask for a kiss?" Rowan whispered and pulled me closer. Unable able to help myself I allowed it and tilted my head to the side heart pounding.

"No... please do..." I murmured. That was all it took for his lips to touch mine. He exhaled sharply and slowly caressed my mouth with his lips moving.

Even though I was naked body hidden only by a thin sheet I grabbed his shoulders and opened my mouth encouraging him to take it further.

"Shit-" The rest of his words were lost as I grew impatient and ran my tongue along his bottom lip. His shivered and dropped his hands to my hips tongue tangling with mine. The sheet slowly fell... and he-

...

"You should come to my room tonight." Rowan whispered and stilled as Carrots flew over and landed on the couch staring at me.

I frowned and stared back.

"Guess who's the favorite now?" I whispered smugly to the vain parrot. I leaned back and saw Rowan laughing.

"Don't tell me you could talk to the animals!" I reached up touching his messy dyed blond hair.

"Of course I could. This shitty parrot-" Carrots let out a loud squawk interrupting me. I glared and flicked his beak.

Reagan made his way into the living room making my eyes light up.

"My little nerd!" I said out of habit and jumped off the couch glowing with happiness at just being able to see him human to human.

"H-hey Sora." He stuttered blushing when I leaned up to kiss his soft cheek. I grinned and booped his nose. 

"Watcha doing?" I asked as he rubbed the back of his neck too nervous to make eye contact.

"Oh- uhm, I was just going to watch some anime." He told me.

"Can I join? Although, I can't sit in your hair anymore." I teased reaching up to ruffle his already messy locks.

"Get your fucking hands off him, jeez." I turned as Roman walked in. I skipped over giggling slightly.

"Jealous?" I whispered meeting his dark eyes. Which went wide at my words.

Rowan and Reagan watched silently as I teased Roman.

"No, now get out of my way. I have to make some dinner." I pouted and then decided to spend my day annoying him.

"I'm going to help Roman with dinner, have fun with your anime." I told Reagan and went after Roman, who turned eye ticking.

"I don't need your assistance." I sat on a stool and placed my head in my hand as he opened the fridge.

"I'll just watch. That can be fun too." I said under my breath making him pause. I hadn't meant it in a dirty way, but by the sudden flush in his cheeks it was safe to say that's how it took it.

"Shut up." He snapped slamming a bowl into the counter. I flinched in surprise looking up at him.

"I- sorry." I mumbled looking away. He sighed heavily and rubbed his face.

"You've been flirting and touching- not that way!" He snapped when I snickered. Roman placed his fingers on his temples.

"God, you are so annoying." He muttered and grabbed a knife cutting meet into portions.

My eyes watered slightly shoulders dropping.

"Sorry, I'm just.... Just so used to being able to say and do whatever I want because I was a cat." I told him.

Roman sighed heavily again as Reagan wandered into the kitchen.

"Are you being mean to Sora again Roman?" Reagan asked from behind me. I smiled at the concern in his voice, but it quickly disappeared as Roman slammed his hands into the counter top.

"Stop fucking treating me like the bad guy! I was okay with a cat, but now she's a girl! I don't like this, and I don't want her staying here." I froze shocked.

"Sora can't leave!" Reagan yelled but his words went dead on my ears.

Sure Roman is hard core and protective -but I've only ever tried to keep everyone safe!I

I stood off the stool and grabbed Roman's shirt dragging him down so we were face to face.

He stared at me as tears ran down my cheeks.

"I don't know if kitty-kung-fu works now that I'm human, but I'm sure as hell willing to try." I snapped both hands fisting his shirt so he couldn't get away.

He smiled - actually fucking smiled at me.

This guy has a death wish.

"Good to know your still feisty. I'll call you when dinners ready."

He pulled away and turned around.

I opened and closed my mouth a blush now blooming on my face.

"So... how about anime?" I told Reagan who nodded looking at me then Roman and back again.