Chapter 25

I sat on the couch glaring at all who dared come near.

Roman had kissed me.

I hope I got him sick.

"Sora, darling, pookie bear, honey bun-" I glared harshly at Rowan.

"I will hurt you." I warned him. Rowan flashed me a smile and sat down beside me anyway.

"You're turning me on with all that sexy talk." I flushed - but only because my fever was back of course.

I hesitantly looked up at him with tired eyes.

"Rowan, you look like you want to say something to me." I said slowly looking at his thoughtful grey eyes.

He smiled and tucked a strand of my red hair behind my ear.

"Nothing that can't be said later, how about a movie?" I couldn't help the smile that bloomed on my face.

"Really?" I asked softly and cursed myself.

Stop acting so vulnerable!

Rowan grabbed the remote and pulled me to his chest.

"Really."

I melted against my will and sighed in satisfaction. I barely paid attention to the movie playing, and instead took my time exploring Rowan's face with my hands.

Yes, I was touching his face, and I was enjoying every second of it.

"Sora," I faltered pulling my fingers away from his cheek as he spoke.

"Yeah Rowan? If you're telling me to get off you, I'm not going without a fight." The words spilled from my lips before I could stop them.

Rowan grinned.

"I don't doubt it, I was just going to ask if you were okay with a guest coming over later." I looked at his suspiciously, and suddenly it dawned on me and I pulled away from him.

Rowan blinked at my sudden removal, and frowned as I looked at the floor.

"If you want to have a girl over... you don't have to ask me." I peeked up at him and was surprised at the emotions flying across his face.

Hurt, shock, sorrow.

"Dammit Sora!" I jumped when Rowan cursed and stood. "I was talking about Harold! We were going to ask Harold to come over, you know, my dad?"

I opened and closed my mouth easing further away from him.

"Oh."

Rowan sighed and fell back into the couch.

"Oh indeed." He repeated then glanced at me. "I'm sorry for yelling." I raised an eyebrow suddenly amused.

"Rowan, all people do around here is yell, don't apologize now." He nodded and slid a hand into my hair grinning.

"You and Roman do most of the yelling." I laughed, really laughed. Rowan watched entranced.

"We do, don't we? Although it really is his fault, Roman should loosen up. He's got a whole tree stuck in his rear end most of the-" I paused and frowned at Rowan. "What's wrong?"

Rowan shook his head and smiled.

"Nothing, do go on."

I decided to do just that.

"I mean, Roman is supposed to be -"

"Talking trash about me Sora?" I looked up startled and couldn't help but smirk at Roman.