Chapter 42

Sora's pov

  "Okay buddy, are you ready to rumble?" I asked and looked down at my purse, where Whiskey would be hidden.

Whiskey gave me a firm nod then pounded on his chest letting out a battle squeak.

I laughed and started up Roman's car driving out of the vacation house. It didn't surprise me that my father had yet another house a couple hours from here. He probably had a house in every state.

I tapped my fingers on the wheel as I drove, my lips turning in a frown. "Maybe I should have brought Roman along, or maybe even Carrots. He has a way with words." I thought out loud and looked down at Whiskey.

He scurried out of the bag and up my arm onto my shoulder to nuzzle into my neck. I giggled and sighed in relief. "Okay. What am I even worried for? It's just lunch." I tried to reassure myself.

Whiskey ended up falling asleep on my shoulder, and I was quite pleased to discover there was a little more to Whiskey than his drinking. I missed being able to truly communicate with him and the other animals though.

I glanced at the GPS on my phone and nearly cried seeing I was almost there. "I'm not mentally prepared yet! Slow down!" I ordered sharply.

Of course, it didn't listen to me. The little shit. I parked in front of the large villa and nearly rolled my eyes at the suped up house.

I reached up gently and cradled Whiskey in my hands, gently placing him in my bag. I shut off the car and unbuckled before opening the door and heading out.

One of my father's maids was there to greet me. "Miss Elizabeth -"

I stopped dead in my tracks. "Don't you call me that." I snapped eyes wide.

The maid stepped back before growing more firm, probably knowing I couldn't touch her out of fear of what my father would do.

"Miss Elizabeth, your father is waiting in the dining hall, I was sent to escort you-" I shoved past the stupid brown haired maid and stomped through the villa.

The maid scurried behind me as I threw open the doors of the dining room.

"Father, you've gone too far." I breathed then paused at the smell of meatloaf. This bastard seriously made my favorite food?! Why does that piss me off so much? Who cares, being pissed it is!

"My dear," my father stood from his chair, his large black eyes meeting my gaze. "Have a seat."

The maid touched my shoulder, and I shoved her off. I walked to the seat rubbing the place the maid touched me.

I sat stone faced. A long time ago, before my mother left, we had maids who I adored. Who would take care of me after my father's beatings.

After my mother left, father for rid it all the old maids, replacing each one.

Father even changed my name for a long while to keep from remembering my mother, since she named me. He changed it to 'Elizabeth' the name he wanted originally.

The new workers weren't like the old ones, they didn't care for me.... they didn't want to help me after my father hurt me. They wanted to add to the pain.

"How was the journey -" Father began, but I cut him off.

"If someone calls me by that name one more time, I'm gone." I told him coldly. "I came here today to simply tell you that I don't want anything to do with you anymore."

My fingers shook, so I hid them in my lap and held the fabric of my jeans tightly.

"I don't think it would be good for either of us. I'm happy, successful, and have people who love me. I couldn't ask for more."

My father's expression was hidden by a smile, so I couldn't tell just how angry he was yet.

"My daughter, nothing can replace a father's love and care. I'm the one to protect you."

I smiled. "I have a dad now. I don't need a father." I said calmly and reached out taking the glass of water before me.

I took a sip as my father visibly beat back his anger. "I, am your flesh and blood."

I put the cup down and stood rolling my eyes. I shifted my purse and looked down at Whiskey to make sure he was okay. He glanced up at me then dove into my purse.

"Look, I don't need three dads, Harold and Roman are enough."

I jumped as my father suddenly stood and slammed his hands on the table. The color drained from my face, and I realized I had gone too far.

"Elizabeth Lydia Jones, you are my child, currently in my house, I expect you to talk to me in a different tone." My father didn't yell, not yet. He pulled out his quite voice, the one he used to use before he would pull out his belt.

I stood very, very slowly.

I swallowed and stepped back blinking when my head suddenly let out a throb. "I, I need to go. It was nice having that talk."

My father walked over slowly when my vision blurred. I reached out to grab the back of a chair eyes wide with horror.

"You're always lying to me Elizabeth, can you believe how betrayed I felt when I learned you were living with so many men?" My father tutted.

I gasped for breath trying to stay upright. "H-how did you -"

A sharp pain to my side me cry out. My father kicked me, causing me to fall to the side. I got to my knees and reached out grabbing the side of a table leg to stay upright.

"A young man showed me some photos, he said he would be very happy to help me teach you how to be more obedient."

I froze breath catching in my lungs. For a moment, I forgot how to breathe. "Father, no-"

A sharp slap to my cheek made my head turn to the left.

"I never, want to hear that word come from your mouth again." He hissed.

I spat blood on his designer shoes. "Don't worry, I won't be calling you that anymore, you should've lost the right to be called that anyway -"

I coughed when he kicked me in the stomach and grabbed me by the hair. "Not another word Elizabeth, before I lose my patience. I just want to help you, nothing more, why can't you see that?"

He sighed. "I had to make you come here, drug you, and now, lock you away. This wouldn't have happened if you had listened to me."

I smiled and decided to get one last word in before everything went dark. "Fuck you Timothy Jones."