Chapter Twenty Two - I'm a Mess

Erin

I sat in the hallway for a while with my head in my hands, I was sure my make-up was ruined by this point and I really had no interest in going back down to everyone. Part of me knew that Niall just wanted to leave, I have no doubt that he's going back to England for the break, but I'm sure he just needed an excuse to get out.

"Erin?" Harry's head peaked around the corner, his eyes shooting open as he stumbled quickly over to me. "Er, what's wrong, I saw Niall leave-"

"I screwed up, Harry." I cut him off, wiping the black make-up off onto my skinnies. I looked over to him and I could see the laugh he was holding back.

"Erin, you know I love you and I'm very concerned but your make-up.." He trailed off, muffling his little giggles into the back of his hand.

"Raccoon?" I asked with a faint smile, ultimately dropping my head on his shoulder with a forked out sigh.

"We can worry about that later, for now, lets start with what's wrong, yeah?" He wrapped his long arm around me, pulling me into his side.

"Louis' birthday party, when you guys locked me and Liam in the room together-" I started just as Harry cut in. "You guys kissed." He finished and my eyes squinted in his direction.

"How, do you know that? How did anyone know?" I asked, craning my neck back to look up at him properly. Apparently, everyone knew about the little incident Liam and I promised to keep between up.

"Liam got absolutely wasted that night, he told Louis, Louis told me and Zayn, and I'm sure Liam told other people." He smiled softly, pressing a reassuring kiss to the top of my head.

"I just- I don't understand who would tell him. I won't lie and say I don't feel like a weight is lifted off me, but he should've found out from me, or just in a better way." I shook my head, dropping my shoulders.

"You know Erin, I'm not trying to sound like a know-it-all or an ass, but maybe this is good for you, yanno? I mean, you and I have had enough talks about you being worried and confused, maybe this is what all three of you need. Time." He suggested softly, pushing the nappy hair off my forehead.

I peeked over at him with a hand tangled in my hair, thinking over his words carefully. He's not wrong because I know that if I had time to think over the pros and cons in my situation, on one hand I had certainty and new found feelings. On the other I had a past and love.

"Hey, don't think too hard on it, maybe we should start by cleaning up your face?" Harry was too polite to just tell me that I looked a hot mess, one of the many things to love about having a friend like him.

"Are you trying to say I look bad, Harry?" I asked with a raised brow, taking his hand as he offered it to me to help me stand up.

"Let's just say, you don't quite look your best." He said hesitantly, a sheepish grin on his face while he pulled me up to my feet.