Chapter Eleven - Stars

*Erin's POV*

Niall nervously scratched the back of his head, looking at me with a regretful face, "We're out of gas."

"Out of gas?" I questioned, making sure he wasn't trying to play some sort of trick on me, he tends to do that.

"Yeah." he said, scratching the back of his neck nervously. Well, shit. I sighed, taking the keys out of the ignition, grabbing the picnic basket, and went outside. Niall quickly followed, even though he had no idea what I was doing. I spread the checkered picnic blanket on the arid grass, and put the picnic basket on top, the slight breeze may lift it away.

"Let me see your phone," I said standing in front of him, which was awkward because of our massive height difference. I unlocked his phone, which I learned the password to earlier, 3746, which made me blush because, its my name.

The service and the wifi bar were both missing, notifying me that we were actually stuck, with no cell service. "I'm sorry Erin, this whole date is ruined." He frowned and kicked the ground, carelessly falling onto the blanket i set down earlier.

"Who said it was ruined?" I smiled, laying down right next to Niall, kicking off my shoes in the process. My body hit the ground with a soft thump, making Niall giggle and scoot over closer to me, kicking his shoes off as well.

We intertwined hands, leaning our heads back onto our jackets that we rolled up into balls, to serve as makeshift pillows. He sighed looking up into the dim, setting sky. "I'm glad we can at least make the most of this." he said, rubbing his thumb over my hand gently.

"We better, we might die out here." I joked, smiling up as I noticed the northern star, the brightest one in the sky. He faked gasped, kneeling next to me. "We shall live!" He yelled, shaking my shoulders gently.

"What if there's a murderer in the woods?" I asked, pointing to the woods across the field. He stood up, placing his hands on his hips. "I will protect you, M'lady." He grinned, looking off into the distance as I pulled him back down.

"You can be a hero later, lets just enjoy this, babe." I smiled as he draped his arm over my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. I laid my head on his chest, sighing contently as I placed my small hand over the one he had over his chest.

"This, this is nice." I giggled, him quietly doing the same, kissing the top of my head. I looked up at the stars, in the now pitch black sky, and thought. In a cliche movie this is the scene where the couple would have very passionate- sexual intercourse, but, that's not whats going to happen.

"Niall?" I whispered, even though nobody could hear us, since we're, um, in the woods. "I really had fun today." I yawned, closing whatever room we had in between each other.

"I know princess," he chuckled "I did too." was the last thing I heard him say before I nodded, drifting off.

_____________________________

i actually don't have a good authors note today. hmm. I guess we're updating every other friday now! Hopefully we can stick to it! Love you allllllll x

Question- What actress do you imagine Erin being?