Chapter Ten - Stuck

*Niall's P.O.V*

Did she just say what I thought she said? Oh Jesus, I'm really bad in these situations. Of course I wanted her to like me, but that doesn't make the fact that she does like me is a less nerve racking. "Cool." I said, my eyes widening. Cool? Really?! Jesus Horan, way to ruin things.

"Niall, you seem nervous?" She giggled, coming out more as a question then a statement. I racked my brain for something to say, not COOL this time... Something better. "I just eh, didn't expect you to like me." I said, honestly.

She furrowed her eyebrows, tilting her head to the side. Jesus in heaven all mighty that was freaking cute. "Why?"

She asked, shifting her body to face me. "I mean.. I dunno, I know about everything with Liam, and I don't compare to Liam in any way. He's-" I started rambling, only to be cut off with her finger being pressed against my lips.

"Niall, I HAD something with Liam. He and I have both moved on, he has that she devil, and I have you." She smiled, making the heat rise to my cheeks. "She-Devil?" I chuckled, turning to face her as well.

"I know that sounds harsh, maybe she isn't all that bad.. But she's been nothing but a bitch to me since I met her." She said. That's a side of Erin I have never, nor did I ever think I'd see. She's normally so straight forward with her feeling, especially when she doesn't like someone.

"What makes you think she could be nice?" I asked. Danielle has never really been mean to me.. Or any of the lads for that matter, but that doesn't mean she isn't to Erin. "I mean, Liam and I have tried this thing where we're nice, just so things aren't awkward since I'm around a lot." She started to say.

"So I figured I should at least TRY to get along with Danielle, for the sake of all that." She says, looking up at me as if needing some reassurance. "Do you want my opinion?" I asked, as she nodded her head in response.

"I think she's jealous; worried that you'll try to come back in the picture." I said, shrugging slightly. She looked at me confused, so I decided to elaborate. "Think about it.. You and Liam dated a while, then stopped and well, now you're back," I began, looking for the right words to say. "I'd be nervous if I were her, you're gorgeous, sassy, hilarious, and you're just a joy to be around." I smiled,

I could see the blush rush to her cheeks as she looked down, letting her hair cover her face. "Thanks, Niall." She said, looking back up at me. She smilled, and looked back down, kicking the arid dirt, dust flying up into the setting sky.

"Its getting late yeah? I think we should get going, wouldn't want to be out too late." I chuckled, standing up and pulling her with me. She nodded, picking up the bag with the various trash we had built up.

"Before we go, can we do something really cool?" She asked, a smirk growing on her beautiful features. I thought for a minute, what the hell is this girl up to? "Sure, anything Er." I smiled.

"Cool." She grinned, mocking my tone from earlier. Before I could come up with a comeback, she grabbed my hand, lacing out fingers and walked down the hill. "What are we doing Sheabuscit?" I asked, causing a giggle to escape her lips.

"Taking a nightly swim, Horan." She said, stopping me in front of the lake. "We don't have swim suits or towel or anything." I said. Looking down at me, clad in the khaki shorts and tank top she had given me.

Then I looked at her, she was wearing pair of leggings and some sort of flowy tank top. That's one thing I'd grown to like about Erin, she wasn't the type that needed to show off a lot of skin, she dressed respectfully and she looked damn good.

"That's why people wear underwear, built in bathing suits!" She smiled, sliding her leggings down whilst slipping off her shoes. My eyes must've bulged out of my head as I followed her lead, slipping off my shorts.

It's not like I haven't seen Erin in little clothing before, but those times were mainly accidents, and this time she was just taking off her clothes right in front of me. But sweet JESUS I'm not complaining.

She slipped her shirt over her heard and folded all of her clothes into a little pile, and sat then all on a rock. I followed her actions, slipping off my shoes and shirt, folding them all into a pile and laying them next to her clothes.

I watched her walk over to the water, mindlessly eyeing her body an she full on sprinted, jumping into the water barley even making a splash. "You gonna come in, Horan?" She grinned, once she had resurfaced.

"Of course, Shea." I smiled, running and jumping over her head into the water. Once I was under I peeked my eyes open to see where she was, once I found her I swam over, popping up right in front of her.

"JESUS! YOU SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME!" She screamed, clutching her heart with one and hand quickly thwacking my shoulder with the other. "Sorryyy." I chuckled, giving her a cheeky smile. "You're lucky I like you." She said, glaring playfully.

Nows your freaking chance Horan, make a move, make a move! "You like me, eh?" I teased, swimming closer. Okay that was good Niall, keep it up. "Have I made it that obvious?" She joked back, brushing her nose against mine.

I shiver slightly, quickly regaining my composure. "Very." I simply said, closing the space between us and kissing her gently. My arms immediately wrapped around her small waist, as she roamed her hands up my torso, placing them on my chest.

Something about when me and Erin kiss gives me a sudden confidence boost, every time. I felt her tongue gently slide across my bottom lip, asking for entry. I gave it, parting my lips as her tongue slipped into my mouth, tangling with mine.

After a few minutes, which seemed like seconds, of snogging she pulled away put of breath leaving both of us breathing slightly heavy. "We should go back now, yeah?" She grinned, wiggling out if my grip and swimming back to shore.

"Of course we should!" I teased, following her up. We both grabbed out folded clothes and ran back to my car. I grabbed a blanket that was thrown in the backseat and wrapped it around her as we both slid into the car.

"Alright lets get the h-" I stared to say as I attempted to start the car, only to have the engine fail. "What the hell.." I muttered, looking at the blinking light on the panel, so I could read it.

Out of gas.

______________________________________________

Woo! Hey guys, so me and Kenzie have been talking about maybe picking a certain day to update, we have no clue yet. So, I was kind of wondering what day you guys would want this story updated on, no promises but leave suggestions c: