Chapter Eighteen - Clean Slate

Erin

"Just so you know, this was not my idea." Liam said, fixed on finding a way to open the door without breaking it.

"Lemme see," I removed my heels without acknowledging anything that Liam said and slid down onto the floor, looking under the door to yell at any passing stranger. All I could hear was the distant thumping of the music in the other room along with the yelling of drunken idiots.

I reached into my pocket to only discover my phone missing, which could only be the handiwork of Mr. Styles.

"This is you're fault you know," Liam talked to himself as he gave me the death glare from across the room "maybe if you hadn't kissed me." I shot up at his words, eyes narrowed.

"Don't you fucking dare pin that on me, Liam, you were a drunk mess." I said, hand on the doorknob as his eyes met mine, a goofy smile falling onto his lips. That only made me want to smack him even more, this was supposed to be the night I could forget about him and be with my boyfriend!

"I knew that would get your attention." He said, leaning against the bed post. Despite my want to hit him, and my anger towards him, I laughed softly, shaking my head.

"Fuck you." I let out with a soft laugh, walking over to the bed and sitting on the corner, looking around the clean room. None of the boys stayed in here, that's for sure.

"I broke up with Dani." He looked up at me with hopeful eyes, only for them to wince at the sight of my harsh expression.

"Yeah, I heard. Is this the part where I break up with Niall and run away with you? What do you want me to say Liam?" At this point my blood was boiling, and this was my chance to give him a piece of my mind.

"And you know what? When I first saw you in the antique store, I was so pissed because I blamed you for what happened to me in high school. Then I realized what really happened, you never told me to skip my classes, you never told me to turn to sex and alcohol, I convinced myself you did. So maybe this was my chance to make amends, make all the wrongs a right, have a clean slate with you. AMENDS Liam, you didn't show up to fall in love with me again, there's no way. Just please, let me forgive you."

Liam looked at me with a sad smile and patted the spot next to him, his eyes focused on mine. Instantly I felt his arms embrace me in a tight hug, making my heart break into a million pieces. He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and sighed, "What if I can't let you go Erin?"

His lips gingerly met mine and one of his hands slowly crept around my waist while the other was tangled in my mess of hair. My hand somehow ended up on his chest, clenching onto his thin tee shirt for dear life.

This kiss was different than the drunken night, it felt like this was our special first kiss, on our very first date. Only one thing made me realize what happened were the words slipped off his tongue like butter, "I love you."

So much for a clean slate.

----

Ken Z here! I just want to thank you ALL for all the support on this story, I'm still in shock.

Question: What is you favorite TV show?

Dedication goes to whoever guesses mine first!