Luffy × F!Reader | Who are you? Pt. 2

Word count: 1105

Request? Yes

🌹_______________🌹_______________🌹

"Guys come here! She's waking up.
Luffy, wake up. (Y/n) is alive."

Chopper shook Luffy's shoulders as hard as he could with his small paws.

The poor boy hadn't gotten any good sleep in days, always staying awake by your bed, waiting for the moment you would finally wake up.

He held your hand, sang you lullabies, and spent hours talking to you, telling you how much he missed you and how empty the ship felt without your presence.

"Where am i?"

Your voice came out raspy and was barley a whisper.

You cleared your voice and regretted it immediately.

Your throat felt dry and scratched.

"Here, drink this and you'll feel a lot better."

You hesitantly took the glass of water from that strange talking reindeer.

You sniffed it and once you were satisfied you gulped down the whole thing.

From the corner of your eye you saw a boy in a straw hat walking towards the bed you were in.

"(Y/n).. you're finally awake."

You stared at him for a few moments.

"Uhm.. thank you. Are you the one who brought me here?"

Everyone in the room became silent, their faces showing different levels of shock and sadness.

"Y- you're joking, r-right? Please tell me this is just a cruel joke."

"I'm sorry but i really don't recognise you... I hope i didn't forget any important thing.. but what happened to me?"

The world seemed to fall under Luffy's feet and he couldn't do anything to avoid it.

He wanted to cry, to tell you everything that happened, that you were his lover, that he cared so much about you.. that it was his fault if you were in those conditions.

But he couldn't, he didn't have the strength to look into your eyes, the same eyes that once held all the love in the world, look at him as if he was a simple guy, a stranger.

He got up, his eyes dark and cold as he excused himself and went out to take some fresh air.

"Did i say something wrong?"

You turned to the other guys that circled your bed and saw the broken looks in their faces.

The two girls at your right were holding back tears, the redhead failed and hugged you.

She buried her face in your chest as she cried, soaking your nightgown.

You felt bad for her, even if you couldn't remember who she was.
You hugged her back, letting her vent while running your hand in her soft hair strands.

"I'm sorry, i promise i'll do my best ti remember."

You wispered to the girl, kissing her forehead.

"T-that guy.. Luffy.. that's his name."

"Luffy.."
You repeated.
"Was he someone important to me?"

"Yes" she sniffled, wiping away her tears. "He.. i don't know if i should be the one to tell you.."

"I want to know, please. Why did he make such a dark and disrupted face?"