Brook × Insomniac!Reader | Lullaby

Request? Yes
Word count: 640

*Warning*
Just fluff

If you like it, make me know with a like. It will help this oneshot collection grow and it's useful to know if i did a good job or not^^

🐻________________🐻_______________🐻

Ever since you were young you have always had trouble falling asleep.
Night after night, it was the same story.

You would get into bed, snuggle in your fluffy blankets and be super tired, then you would close your eyes and...

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

All the fatigue would simply leave your body, and the only thing you could do was to stare at the walls of your room, they seemed to be coming closer and closer with each passing second, or maybe that was just your mind playing tricks on you.

After all, you were alone in a completely dark room, hallucinations were bound to appear at some point.

But it was fine, you were used to it by now.

....

Tonight was just like any other night.
You were staring at the walls, then at the various different shadows and silhouettes.

It was like some sort of game to you, trying to guess what object might be casting those shadows, or if that silhouette really belonged to your chair and not to someone or something that snuck up in your room to catch you.

Not being able to sleep can make you think the craziest things.

That was one of the reasons why you hated having insomnia.
It forced your mind to think about ways to entertain you, and that meant thinking about everything, from what you ate for dinner to trying to answer complicated questions that had never been answered before.

The kind of questions a philosopher would ask himself while looking at the beautiful moon.

And to make things worse, the weather that night was too hot.
You were practically drenched in your own sweat by now.

After taking a quick shower you decided to go outside and relax for a bit, if you couldn't fall asleep then you would at least do something you liked.

"What's this sound?"

You looked around, trying to find out where that melody was coming from, but couldn't see anything in the dark night.

The beautiful melody suddenly stopped and the only sound you could hear was the waves crushing on the sides of the ship.

"Oh. (Y/n) what are you doing out here, you're supposed to be sleeping like a log!"

You looked at the tall figure and immediately recognised his voice.
"I wish i could."

Brook sat down and motioned to the spot beside him.

"What's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?"

"No, nothing like that. I just have trouble falling asleep, it's somethi g stronger than me, every time i close my eyes i feel too awake.. it's difficult to explain exactly what i feel..

But it's like i don't feel tired anymore, and it happenes every time, even if i'm extremely tired."

His empty eye sockets stared at you for a moment.
His hands pushed you down, your head was now lying on his legs, the thick fabric of his pajamas making it less uncomfortable.

His hands gently stroke your hair as he started humming a somewhat familiar song.

His beautiful voice seemed to take shape and tickle your ears, you could feel your chest vibrating in time with each sound he made, your whole body felt like it was floating.

You had never felt such an incredible sensation before.

Before you even noticed your eyes closed and you were finally sleeping.

If Brook could smile, he would definetly be smiling right now.

He wasn't sure wether he should pick you up and bring you inside or let you sleep there.

It was too warm in your room and he was sure that you would wake up again if it got too hot.

Maybe staying here with you would be the best thing to do.

The next morning you woke up to Sanji scolding Brook while screaming.

"Why would you let (Y/n) sleep on the floor?!"