Franky x Chubby Reader Gender-Neutral | Comfort fic

WORD COUNT: 865
REQUEST? YES

Hello beautiful humans, I hope you'll enjoy this small chapter.

I'm finally back, yay!
I'll try to update more frequently to finish all the requests I have accumulated and once I'll be done I'll start writing another one-shot book, but this time it will be a fnaf related one since I'm back in my fnaf phase lol

Okay let's be real, I never left the fnaf phase... since 2014 XD

I'll keep writing in this one, but only occasionally, and open the requests for short periods of time so that they can be more manageable.

If there was one thing you hated the most, it had to be Luffy's beach parties.

It wasn't because you hated the parties themselves, the company was great and the food was delicious...

The only thing you hated about them was that dressing normally was the equivalent of walking around in a full costume on a nudist beach.

You would stand out like a neon sign on the darkest night.

What made this whole situation even worse was that your best friends, Nami and Zoro were beautiful in their swimwear, and as much as you would have loved to wear one just like they did, your poor self-esteem just wouldn't let you.

All you could do was sit on the deck of the Sunny, thinking about what you were going to wear or if you were going to attend the party at all.

You were so deep in thought that you failed to notice someone walking toward you with a worried expression plastered on their face.

"Hey (Y/n), are ya okay? You're looking kinda pale."

"Oh, Franky. Uhm yeah, I'm okay."

He sighed and sat beside you.

Silence filled the air as those thoughts began to fill your mind once again.

Tears started running down your face, but somehow all the words you had managed to come up with in your mind simply wouldn't come out.

It was as if something was blocking the way and all your words got suffocated by your hiccups.

Your poor crewmate watched as you whimpered for a reason he still couldn't figure out, but he couldn't just let you cry like that.

At least not all alone, you had something stuck in your mind and he was going to help you take it all out.
No matter what.

You brought your legs close to your chest and as you held yourself close, you could feel Franky's arms circling your frame.

"Listen, I don't know what is making you feel so upset, but please let me help you. I promise I'll make you feel super again."

You couldn't help but chuckle at his words.

He was amazing, no one could make you laugh during those times, well, no one but him.

After a few minutes of him hugging you like that, you decided you were ready to tell him what was making you feel bad.

"I've never told anyone about this... But even if I try to be always happy around you guys, I suffer from serious body image issues.

I hate the way I look, and the worse thing is that no matter how hard I try, nothing seems to work and I start to lose hope... So I just start eating again and the cycle repeats."

He nodded and started at your tear-stained face.

His hand came up to caress your skin and from the look on his face, you could tell he was deeply hurt as well.

"(Y/n)... I know how hard it is to feel like that, I've felt the same before, and it won't be the last time.

Even the most beautiful people such as yourself can feel like they are 'not pretty enough for such a society, but the only person who can decide if we are attractive is ourselves.

Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise, because you are beautiful, no matter how much you weigh.

And if you want to start losing some extra weight I will be here to support you all the way, you can only be successful if you start loving your body each step of the way.

Right now, however, you need to find at least one thing you like about yourself.

I wouldn't be in your shoes, I love everything about you, finding only one thing to love would be impossible for me."

You stared at him for a good minute before you realized what he said.

Your mind was torn between crying with happiness because he liked you or punching him for giving you half a heart attack with that vague sentence.

"The main problem for your breakdown was the beach party, right?"

You nodded.

"Then why don't you come with me? I'll always stay by your side and every time you're feeling self-conscious, I will be happy to bombard you with compliments.

You're the most SUPER out of all of us, and even if right now you won't believe anything of what I say, you're perfect, and I mean it."

"Thank you, Franky. I seriously needed it.

Ugh, now I feel bad, though.
I'm the only one who got compliments, you're the one who's super."

He suddenly got shy and scratched his neck.

"Oh my, wait. You get shy when people give you compliments."

"No... It's just because it's you."

It seemed like you both found each other.

That night you got to wear that swimwear you've always wanted to try out, but never had the courage to, while Franky was finally able to go on a date with you.

Even if at some point you felt uncomfortable with showing that much skin, your lovely Crewmate was there to offer you his shirt to wear when you were not swimming.

Remember to vote for this chapter if you liked it, comment on your favorite parts and follow me if you want to be notified every time I post a new chapter.

As always, have a beautiful day/night and I hope to see you soon <3