The Time Traveler's Son (Part 2)

Requested by like three people! Enjoy!

Ford and Dipper walked back to the living room where past!Dipper, also known as Alex, was reading a book. The child beamed when the two entered the room.

"Hi Mason! Hi Dr.Ford!" He waved.

"Hey Alex," Dipper sighed, "Grunkle Ford and I think we might know a way for you to get back home."

They were expecting Alex to be happy. However, his jaw dropped. He looked devastated, "H-home?"

Ford nodded, "Yeah, back to what year your from!"

"Oh... yeah..." he sighed.

"Do you... not want to return home?" Why was Dipper asking? He already knew what the response would be.

"Piedmont doesn't feel like home. It... it never did. But here? I've been here for less than a day and I already feel at home here. The other kids are so mean there so I just thought it was normal for people to push you around and tease you but... I'm starting to think it's not."

Ford's heart cracked and he glanced at Dipper. He had no idea the boy felt so alone he thought the bullying was normal. The elder watched as Dipper walked closer to his past self.

"I get it, man."

Alex looked up, "You... you do?"

Dipper nodded, "I didn't always live here. The kids at school were brutal and occasionally even my own family supported their bullying. And, yeah, I thought it was normal too. But you can't stay here, no matter how much you want to. Remember, you're in the future. Anything you do here can negatively impact the timeline,"

Alex sighed, "I know..."

"Hey, maybe in the future, you'll find someplace where people like you for who you really are and nobody bullies you. Maybe you'll find home,"

Alex gave a bittersweet smile, "Maybe. But... thanks for being my friend, even if it was just for a little while. You're the best friend I've ever had,"

Dipper returned his smile as he used the time tape to send himself back to the right timeline.

Dipper, 12, first day in Gravity Falls:

Dipper smiled to himself as he placed on the Pine Tree cap. He looked familiar to something or someone, but he couldn't quite place it. Although, he did know one thing. Despite only being in Gravity Falls for a day, he strangely already felt at home.