Fightin' Back

Thanks to Willowiplier for the requests!! I'll be sure to write the second one soon! ^_^

He was surrounded. There were no exit routes. The five kids, all taller and stronger than him, blocked his path. Dipper just wanted to check out one (1) book from the library. Now he had to deal with this.

"Where does Starboy think he's going?" One of the kids, presumably the leader, asked. Dipper shook his head. He was getting real tired of the insults.

"Speak dipshit!" Another one exclaimed, "Or I'll make you wish you never came to this town!"

Laughter from one sounded out, "Yeah freak! Do what he says!" He exclaimed, as he pushed Dipper into the ground. All this for a library book.

Someone else punched Dipper in the nose, causing blood to form and tears to well up in his eyes, "Awww, is the little Dipper gonna cry?"

"Loser,"

"Nerd,"

"Starboy,"

"Dipstick,"

"Dipshit,"

"Freak,"

Freak

Freak

Freak

That was it! Dipper struck a punch to the leaders arm.

Silence overtook the group. They starred at Dipper. Dipper starred back. It took him a moment to realize what he did. His eyes widened as he rubbed his now sore hand.

"I want my mom!" The leader exclaimed, breaking into tears and running away with the rest. Dipper stayed there in silence. That really just happened.

Dipper picked up his book and began to sprint to the Mystery Shack. Relief from seeing the building didn't last long as a new fear entered his mind. What would Ford think of him now?

Despite everything, Dipper felt guilty. The kids were bullying him - he had a reason to lash out! It's not like he's never punched someone before... though that someone did kidnap his sister. Ford would be disappointed for sure.

The boy sucked in a breath and dashed inside. He could faintly hear Ford saying something as he slammed the door to his room.

A few moments later, knocking could be heard, followed by Ford's voice, "Dipper, can I come in?"

No response.

"Dipper?"

A sigh.

"Mason? Did something happen?"

"Uhh..." Dipper trailed off, "Um... Dipper's not here right now..."

Ford cracked the door open, "Mason-" he paused. Dipper's nose was still bloody, he had a couple scratches, and tears were welling up in his eyes. "I'll grab the first aid kit,"

The elder returned just as quickly as he left. "Bullies?"

"Mhm," Dipper hummed, liquid leaking from his eyes. He let out a chocked sob.

"Mason-"

"I'm sorry!" Ford flinched at Dipper's exclamation. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to! I- they were- and- so I- then-"

"Hey, hey, shhhh," Ford hushed, "Slow down, my boy. What happened?"

"I was walking home and these kids surrounded me," Dipper began. "And they were bullying me as usual. B-but I got upset cus...  cus... I'm just really sick of being bullied all the time so I-" another chocked sob, "I couldn't take it anymore so I-" he took a shaky breath in, "I punched one of them! I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to! I-"

"You fought back?"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry I didn't mean to! I-" Dipper paused and dared to glance up at Ford. He was scared his eyes would be full of anger. That he'd get scolded for hitting someone. "You... you don't look upset..."

"I'm livid," Ford began. That's exactly what Dipper was afraid of. "I'm livid a group of kids would even think about bullying my son!"

"Wh-what?" Dipper exclaimed, "But... you're not upset I hit someone?"

"They kinda deserved it,"

"Grunkle Ford!!"

"What? They did!" The man exclaimed, ruffling Dipper's hair.

"Bu-but punching people is bad!" Dipper exclaimed, "I punched someone... and he ran away crying... I'm a horrible person! I actually hurt someone!"

"He ran away crying?"

"Mhm..." he sighed. "Why are you smiling like that? It's not funny!"

"I'm just... proud of you, that's all."

"You're proud of me for punching someone?" Dipper paled. Have you lost your mind?

"No, no," Ford began, "I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself! You could've just let these kids pick on you and instead you decided to fight back. Something tells me they won't bully you again,"

"I still feel kinda bad..."

"They got off easy," Ford shook his head, "I would've done much, much worse."