〚𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟑 〛the past and the future

𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: how did Y/N get where she is today? Featuring...

✨a n g s t ✨

---

Why do you even try?

Weakling!

Pathetic!

Quirkless!

Emotionless bitch!

Guess being quirkless isn't the only thing wrong with you!

Muffled voices...

...

...

...

Then...

"Are you fucking listening to me?" The scene solidified and you stood back against a row of lockers as another girl got up in your face. One of her two friends laughed as you tried to pull away.

"It's impossible for me not to, you're yelling" is what you thought but instead you said "Sorry, I'm listening."

Despite your polite answer, that only seemed to make things worse as she took a step closer and grabbed you by the collar pulling you down so you were eye level with her. "Excuse me?" She shouted and you tried to pull away since her yelling was giving you a nasty headache. "How dare you talk to me like that you worthless shit!"

"I-" was as far as you go before she pulled her arm back to throw a punch at your already bruised face. You panicked. She had a strength quirk and if she hit you too hard you could get seriously hurt.

You didn't hit her.

You remember that so specifically. All you did was move to push her away from you. You never even touched her.

It didn't really matter.

Next thing you knew you were standing in the dark hall, the floor covered in glass from every single window and light fixture shattering from the force.

And the girl was splayed on the ground leaning against the opposite wall. Bloodied.

You stood there for a few moments staring at your own hands, tears silently streaking down your cheeks.

What a way to discover how well your training worked.

She didn't die, thankfully. She had a concussion, a fractured shoulder, a few cracked ribs, and a nasty bruise. But she was alive. As for her friends, one broke his arm in a few places and the other cut open her leg and needed stitches.

You remembered sitting outside on the curb as the police dealt with the whole situation, still silently sobbing. You remembered the panic, the fear, the ride to the hospital. You were... scared? You really weren't sure since it was so hard to tell what you were feeling. And you remembered...

"Y/N!!" Your dad yelled as he quickly checked for injuries before pulling you into a hug. You eagerly returned the hug and took the opportunity to hide your face in his shoulder. "Y/N, honey! It's okay! It's all going to be okay!"

"Dad... Dad I-" you mumbled. "Dad, I didn't mean to! I didn't! I didn't! I-"

"Sshhh," he cooed and rubbed your back comfortingly. "I know, sweetie. I know. It's going to be okay! I'll take care of everything. I promise you."

And your dad did take care of everything. He bought the best lawyers money could buy and, on the grounds of you still being 100% quirkless and that the only accounts were from other students with head trauma, you didn't get in trouble.