〚𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑〛pep talks and problems

𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: y/n makes a friend and keita does not. Featuring a lot of talking and some badass-ery

"Y/N!"

You turned just in time to see your dad before he scooped you up into a hug. You returned the hug, clinging onto him. After a long moment he pulled away and looked at you.

"Kiddo... are you okay?" He asked, voice laced with concern.

There were lots of things you wanted to say. But the first thing that managed to escape your lips was "I still have friends." Your dad smiled but stayed silent allowing you space to continue. "They're not mad even though I got in another fight. They're still my friends."

Your dad's smile only grew. "I'm glad to hear it. I'm so happy to hear it." He seemed to give you a quick once over, as if to convince himself that you were fine. "Apparently the tournament is on break. They have to fix the arena again." You winced lightly. "Wanna grab some snacks and relax?"

"Yes" you admitted. Then you realized something. "Actually... I have to do something... I have to apologize to Bakugou..."

Your dad gently patted your head. "Go for it. Do you want backup?"

You thought for a moment then, "No I want to do this on my own... Sorry." You hesitated to glance at your dad but he was just smiling.

"Nothing to be sorry for, kiddo. I'm so proud of you." He pulled you into a quick hug then flashed a smile. "I'll grab us some snacks."

"Thanks dad." You said, relieved. "Love you."

"Love you too kiddo."

﹤┈┈┈﹥

You loomed outside the nurse's office like a self conscious ghost. You knew what lay on the other side of the door.

Bakugou.

Considering that this was the guy who yelled at people for doing something as small as getting in his way... He would probably want to mash you into a fine paste when he saw you.

And you just might let him...

You were just about to open the door when you pulled your hand back, suddenly too nervous. Then the decision was made for you, when the door opened from the other side.

"Huh?" Bakugou said when he noticed you standing there.

"Huh?" You said as you made peace with your impending doom.

"Oh. It's you." He mumbled out, his voice oddly quiet. You noted the bandages that were sticking out past the collar of his shirt.

You nodded solemnly and then (before you were exploded) you managed a quick "I'm so sorry!" Then braced yourself, closing your eyes and trying to make yourself as small as possible.

You could feel his glare.

"...The fuck are you apologizing for?"

You opened your eyes and stared at him. Then took a deep breath, "I'm sorry I hurt you. I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing!" He snapped but even that didn't have the bite it usually did.

"I-" You started then stopped.

"Why do you think that you have to apologize for our match?" He stared as he asked, clearly analyzing your face.

You gave him a confused look. "Because I hurt you?" You said, stating the obvious.