〚𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗〛talks and tech

𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: the sports festival continues! feat. more papa saitama!

Todoroki stared the stranger down. Suspicion clear on his face. The man seemed to catch on since he immediately backpedaled.

"Oh, sorry, rude of me not to introduce myself!" He smiled warmly. "I'm Keita Saitama, Y/N's father!"

Y/N Saitama... His classmate... Right. He had no idea what to make of her. On one hand, she was tired, apathetic, and seemed bored most of the time. But on the other hand, she had power... Lots of it. And power like that didn't come from nowhere.

He'd had his suspicions...

Was she like him?

Had she been through what he had?

...

He stared at the man more. He did look like Saitama. Their features were similar. It was tricky to see past Y/N's bored expressions versus Keita's more animated ones.

He was in an immaculate suit which subtly implied how expensive it was, and a corporate badge hung around his neck (difficult to get as far as he knew you needed to be a very high ranking member of a well known company).

"Shoto Todoroki." He introduced coldly, shivering minutely from the recoil of overusing his ice. "Yes. I am in your daughter's class."

"Right! You're doing great out there! Not that you need some random guy to tell you that! What you did in that last round was really cool." A pause. "Pun intended." The man smiled sheepishly. "Well anyway, you wouldn't mind too horribly pointing me in the direction of the class 1-A waiting room?"

A simple "Why?" escaped from Todoroki's mouth before he really thought about it. But if he was right and Y/N was avoiding this guy he sure wasn't going to bring him straight to her.

Mr. Saitama raised a brow. I just wanted to check up on her." Seemingly catching onto Shoto's hesitance, he added, "Ah... well, I know it might sound silly, given how strong she is but... I can't help myself. She's still my kiddo. And I know she's been really nervous about this whole thing. She's not the best with people."

He sighed. "You see, usually, I have to travel for work so I can't be around for her as much as I'd want to and I haven't really been able to support her as much as I would like to. I haven't really been great at that in the past..." The man seemed quietly thoughtful for a moment before apparently realizing he'd just been rambling and chuckled. "Geez... Sorry I can go on and on about my kid."

Todoroki stared. Then, "This way."

They walked for a moment until Mr. Saitama broke the silence, "Are you okay? Do you want my jacket?"

He simply stared at him. "Huh?"

The man smiled softly. "You're shivering, kiddo."

Kiddo?

"Oh." Shoto replied. "I wasn't... I-"

"You were trying to hide it, right?" The man chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry. I just..." He sighed looking up at the ceiling. "You just remind me of someone... Sorry."

I remind him of someone?

"It's working!!" Keita nearly leapt into his desk in excitement as he watched the small LCD screen flicker to life.

Then let out a death rattle of a power down noise and subsequently died. "Or maybe not..."

He sighed. He was a tad disappointed but really wasn't surprised. It was honestly optimistic for the device to boot at all the first time much less fully work when it was Frankensteined together from as many electronics he could get his hands on.