〚𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓〛teams and plans

𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: welcome back to the sports festival! also, more of a certain tired purple-haired boy...

"WOAH?!?! What's this? Class 1-A's Y/N Saitama clears the field to take an easy second place!"

You raised a brow at the declaration. Were you really already in second? Oops.

"Uhhhh..." You glanced at Todoroki and you froze, but not from his ice, but from the cold glare on his face.

"What's his deal?" You thought as he ran ahead of you.

"YOU'RE NOT GETTING AHEAD OF ME!!" A familiar voice yelled as Pomeranian passed you, blasting you in the face with an explosion as he did, which was both incredibly rude and very uncalled for.

You looked at Todoroki and Pom as they ran/flew away. You sighed. Whatever Todoroki's deal was or whatever was Pom's deal, you figured it was not your problem.

So you walked casually down the path, not super willing to get in the middle of their... whatever that was.

"Hm?" You noticed the next obstacle. Weird pillars with ropes. Why? When did they even make this? You grumbled.

Well, at least, you could use this as more practice for not breaking everything around you...

You hopped cleanly from pillar to pillar leaving little more than a footprint on each, taking your time, both to be sure you didn't collapse them (most of your classmates were behind you after all) and to avoid getting caught in the crossfire of Pom and Todoroki's little spat.

At this point some of your classmates had caught up to you. Tsu passed you easily as did a very... excited(?) pink haired girl decked from head to toe in support gear. You turned back just in time to see Iida shakily skating down the ropes looking like a kid on an ice rink. You laughed lightly.

"Boy, does he look foolish!" Mic took the words right out of your mouth.

You shook your head. Obstacle race! Focus! And jogged up the stairs. The area by the door back into the arena looked pretty plain. You wondered what the deal was... Eh... One way to find out...

"SAITAMA! MINE!" Someone (Kaminari maybe?) yelled.

You yelled over your shoulder and kept walking. "HUH? YOUR WHA-"

BOOM!

"Oh..." The dust cleared and you stood unharmed in the exact spot you'd stopped in. "That kind of mine... Got it." You sighed. "Did they really have to add jumpscares?" You muttered under your breath.

You dropped into a crouch moving aside the ground to pluck one of the mines out of the ground. Hm... You recognized it. Your dad had gone off on a tangent about these. Cool.

You were about to keep walking when you heard a weird digging noise. You glanced over your shoulder to see Midoriya digging up one of the mines with a... Was that a piece of robot? You watched as he added it to a pile of them. Oh... You knew what he was doing. Clever.

Deciding to help you turned on your heels and walked over. "Oi! Midoriya." You called as you ran over. "Gonna launch yourself?" You asked. "Cool idea." He seemed surprised that you figured that out. But before he could protest you clarified. "Let me help." You showed him the mine you were holding. "My dad knows tech stuff and he loves talking about it so I know what these are. Check this out." You flipped it over, showing a small hidden dial. "These are made for practice and stuff like this. But you can up the explosion by doing this." You turned the dial around twice. "Then they do this." With that you tossed the one you were holding onto the ground and grinned as it exploded with more force than before. You looked back at Midoriya "Good luck!"