〚𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟕〛the quirkless and the strong

𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: The rest of the training!

You looked over at Midoriya just in time to see him crumple into the ground. "Eh?" You managed. He was out like a light. Had he hurt himself that badly?

"Your indoor combat training is over. The hero team wins!"

All Might's voice brought you out of whatever that was. Geez... You'd really let your emotions get the best of you... How embarrassing...

You watched numbly as Midoriya was sent off to the nurse.

"LET! GO!" Pomeranian yelled as he yanked his arm away from you. You let go and stared at your hand for a moment. Your glove was burnt but your skin was fine.

He aimed the gauntlet straight at you but you were still staring at your hand. "YOU DAMN BITCH!"

"Young Bakugou. Cool your jets." All Might reached out and gripped the boy's shoulder.

"But, Young Saitama," You looked up at him when you heard your name. "You shouldn't have interfered like that."

You jumped and awkwardly rubbed your neck. "Right... Sorry... It won't happen again..."

"Good..." He paused before turning back to Bakugou. "Now then. Let's go review your work. Whether you win or lose, you can always take something away from an experience like this. As long as you're open to learning."

"Woah! Saitama!" Calamari exclaimed as you walked back into the room. "That was awesome! You were so fast! How'd you do that?" He ran up to you excitedly and you noticed a few other students staring as well.

You withered under their stares. "Oh... Uh... That was... It was pretty stupid to jump in like that... I didn't mean to... Uh?"

You were rescued from any more questions by All Might. "Well, despite the results. The MVP of this exercise is Young Iida!

A few students gasped but you just nodded. That made sense. Despite everything, Stick had done the assignment.

Stick seemed just as surprised as everyone else. "Huh?!"

"Shouldn't it be one of the heroes instead, since they're the winners?" Frog girl asked.

Mm! Valid question. Why didn't I choose one of those two? Who has a guess?"

You nearly answered but Ponytail girl was faster. "Sir! I can tell you why! Iida embraced this challenge. He was the only one who truly adapted to his assigned role." If that's what you wanna call the monologuing... "I'll explain. Bakugo's judgment was clouded by a personal grudge against Midoriya. As you pointed out earlier, launching a large‐scale attack indoors was a foolish move. It could have been disastrous. Similarly, Midoriya's plan was also poorly thought out, considering the amount of damage that he received. He rendered himself helpless. Not smart."

"As for Uraraka..." You noticed Bubbles wince. "She let her guard down mid‐battle, and her final attack was far too reckless given the hypothetical stakes. If she'd treated the fake weapon as though it were real, she never would've risked using such an imprecise move."

"Iida was fully prepared for his opponent's arrival. He had a strategy, and never lost sight of his mission to protect the dummy weapon, even if he was foiled in the end." Stick lit up like a Christmas Tree. You were surprised to see such a dorky smile on his usually stern face. "Technically, the hero team won, yes, but they took advantage of the fact that this was training. They didn't respect the spirit of the trial." Geez... Ponytail was super smart and observant. You liked that.