〚𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟓〛uniforms and starting lines

"This uniform is kinda stuffy..." You mumbled as you stepped out of your room picking at the edges of the suit jacket of the uniform. You'd already decided that the skirt was way too short for your taste so you wore a pair of simple black leggings underneath.

"You look so good!!!" Your dad gushed as he took dozens of photos. You sighed but flashed the camera a pair of finger guns anyway. "You know..." Your dad continued as he scrolled through the photos. "I've heard that UA isn't all that strict about their uniforms so..."

You grinned and ran back into your room and when you emerged you'd thrown on a soft gray hoodie underneath your UA suit jacket. "Now I'm cozy! Much better!" You stated as you walked back in.

Your dad laughed and took a few more pictures. "Alright kiddo! Let's go!"

You sighed as you grabbed your bag and followed your dad outside and to the car. "You know... You don't have to drive me..."

Your dad rolled his eyes as he got in. "Yes, yes, Y/N I know you can outrun a car but my baby girl is going to high school and I wanna drive you!" He paused and turned to where you were sitting in the passenger's seat. "I know I'm not around much. I mean I wasn't here for your middle school graduation! And so, let me do this?"

You smiled. "Yeah yeah of course! Now I can just sit back and relax." As if to make your point even more, you lounged back, closed her eyes and put your hands behind your head in the most cliche version of a relaxed person. Deciding to break the tension, you added, "Though, you may want to not drive me around so often, otherwise your boss might fly over here just to knock you out." peeking an eye open and glancing at your dad.

Your dad laughed somewhat nervously. He had gone out of his way to get more time here just so he could see you off. He'd been working from home and he'd made sure he could be here for this. He was flying out in just a few hours. "He just might, pretty sure if I ask him to cover for me again, he'll bite my head off."

You laughed but sputtered out when you saw UA's building over the horizon. It had to be intimidating on purpose. You let out a soft "Yeesh..."

Your dad glanced over at you as he parked near the entrance. "All right kiddo! You ready?"

"Uhhh..."

He sighed and leaned over ruffling your hair. "It's okay! It'll be fine! Just do your best and have fun okay?"

You sighed softly leaning into his touch a little and smiled. "I'll try... Thanks dad."

"No worries! I wish I could stick around longer. Be sure to call me and tell me how it went!" You gave him a thumbs up as you left the car. "Wai-wait-wait! One more photo!" Maybe some people would be embarrassed to have a parent fawning over them on their first day, but you didn't care. You flashed his camera a duo of finger guns and a smile. Your dad smiled as he went through the photos again. "I have a flight to catch so... Have fun! Be safe!" He yelled out the window as he drove off. You gave him a thumbs up. "And, don't forget, I love you, Y/N!"

"Love you too, dad!" You yelled back ignoring a few odd looks as you walked in.

﹤┈┈┈﹥

It was definitely intentionally intimidating. The huge looming building and now, this huge door, easily 10 feet maybe 15? Did anyone's quirk make them this tall? That would suck if so, imagine how many doorways that poor soul would run into...

You heard footsteps and turned to see a rather frazzled looking boy... Oh! It was Broccoli boy from the exam! He was muttering, "1-A, 1-A, 1-A...? C'mon, where is it?" He nearly ran past the massive door but you reached an arm in front of him.