〚𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏〛naps and heroes

𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: so, how is Y/N handling everything? (spoiler: not great!)

Click.

You had a day off after the USJ. You understood why but...

Click. Click.

You kind of wished you were in school. At least then you'd have something to do. Not that you'd really be any less bored at UA

Click.

You groaned in irritation as the "GAME OVER" screen illuminated your otherwise dark room. Rather than clicking continue you just stared at it.

After way longer than necessary, you flicked the tv off and just collapsed back into your bed, staring at the familiar patterns of your ceiling.

You thought about what to do for the rest of the day.

Video games? Nah... You couldn't get your mind off everything no matter how hard you tried...

You could train... Maybe go for a run? No... You didn't want to think about training or your strength...

You could go get food? No... All Might's face flashed in your mind and all the anxious looks he'd given you followed like a self-loathing slideshow.

Were you really stronger than the number one hero?

If you were... what was there to do?

Despite how much you'd cried the night before, it seemed that you'd used up all your emotion-points and were back to your usual awful numbness.

You were startled from your thoughts by your phone. You managed to free it from the cocoon of your blankets and glanced at the caller id.

It was your dad.

You sighed.

On the one hand, talking to your dad always made you feel better... On the other hand... You didn't want to talk to anyone right now...

After a moment of hesitation, you pressed "Decline call". Well aware that your dad would be very worried if you didn't respond somehow, you sent a text

me: hi dad. i'm ok.

don't really feel like talking

dad is typing...

dad: Are you sure you're okay?

You don't sound okay... 

I'm worried...

You sighed. Your dad really knew you well... Even over text he could tell...

me: yeah... i'm not super ok...

i just have to think about stuff...

dad: Kiddo...

I'm not going to make you talk to me. 

But I just want you to know that I'm always just a call away.

Just promise me you'll call if you need.

me: i know dad.

thanks and i will... i promise.

dad: Alright.

I love you.

me: love you too