Our Secret

Flashback

"Dad, dad come here" Feng hears Yibo's happy excited voice and turns stove off, walking to the living room. Yibo is curved up on the sofa, hugging his knees and watching  TV. Dad notices his lovely eyes full of happiness and smiles joining him.

"Why were you calling me my cute baby?"

"Look dad" Yibo points his tiny hand to the screen, where motorcycle race is airing and almost jumps on his seat "they're so cool no? absolutely everything about them is too charming dad...may i have motorcycle too?" Feng's heart goes soft as Yibo cutely widens his eyes and blows his chubby cheeks, knowing that dad loves when he acts cute. unable to stop himself Feng takes Yibo in tight embrace and almost makes him breathless with nonstop kisses. Yibo cries out and tries to cover his face, while giggling cutely "dad loves Bobo this much?"

"Bobo is everything for dad" Feng puts him on his lap and pets his hair "you just became six years old and already asking for vehicle? You naughty baby"

"I won't change my decision anymore, i decided to be racer" Yibo proudly raises his head up and pats palm on his own chest "swear"

"If this is so...I'll buy it for you, when you're all grown up ok?"

"But dad..."

"No but, dad will help you in everything but when right time comes"

"Alright, I'll be very good and obedient son so you keep your promise" Yibo places his hand between Feng's palms and they make the deal. Yibo keeps watching while dad leans chin on his shoulder and closes eyes holding his tears. How much he wishes...his wife could get chance to see, how adorable and precious their son is, how lovely and special "one day dad, I want to be champion of China, you think I can do it?"

"Aren't you way too ambitious already? But...dreaming about huge things, it's always enjoyable"

"I'll surely make it happen dad" Yibo jumps down from his lap and runs to the high chair, suddenly hopping on it "I'll drive it, like this" he nonstop moves his legs and Feng quickly walks towards him, scared Yibo gonna fall down

"Be careful, Yibo" he screams with terrify noticing chair shaking and although trying his best still can't save Yibo from hitting his head on the handle. Feng carries him to the sofa again and almost faints feeling wetness on his hand, holding Yibo's nape "my baby, say something to dad, you ok Yibo?" More than blood, it's Yibo's surprised face what scares him, kid isn't showing any emotion related to feeling pain. only silently cries and pets his hair

"Why dad is crying? I don't like when you're crying"

"Yibo...it doesn't hurts?" He asks with trembling voice and Yibo just shakes his head "let's go to hospital right now"

"But I'm fine dad"

"I know baby, dad just wants to make sure ok?" Feng tries to calm himself down and carefully takes Yibo out, putting him in the car. He holds Yibo's hand all the way, praying for his health

***

"Soo, who is this little cute baby?" Young, nice looking doctor taps on Yibo's nose and sweetly smiles at him, while nurse is checking his wound "what happened?"

"He fell down from the chair, is the cut deep?"

"No, it doesn't seems serious from first view but we still need to do tomography, for avoiding inner traumas"

"actually doctor" Feng starts with hesitation "i think there is something wrong with him, unrelated to this incident"

"what do you mean?"