Permission

Lusi quietly enters her house and tries to walk without voice but suddenly someone turns light on and she freezes on the spot. Middle height, nice looking woman stands up from the sofa and glares at her, pointing to the clock "you're late again, met that poor journalist as always?"

"He is my closest friend and called Cheng mom" Lusi becomes irritated as Cheng is mentioned disrespectfully and raises her voice "you had already enough humiliating him when i first invited Cheng here. Why I have to ask about being friend with someone? how much more are you going to block my freedom?"

"I see you talk much today, were you drinking with him?"

"Yes, and I even ate ice cream" Lusi smirks knowing how much it's going to anger her mom and she isn't wrong at all

"Are you this proud?" She gets up and suddenly Lusi's hair is pulled roughly and she is dragged at the mirror by her mom "look yourself, what do you see?" Lusi eyes herself and all she can see is tall, thin girl with nice body contours and light colored skin. Her hair dark and long, messily thrown on her shoulders, pointed shaped cheeks a little blushed by alcohol. she lowers eyes and whispers

"What more do I need to do? To be perfect daughter in your eyes?"

"everything good you got is going to disappear soon if you keep acting like this, I told you to stop eating and drinking unhealthy things, it makes you old and fat. if you lose beauty, there won't be anything worth left from you"

"Mom...have i to be always hungry? to please you?"

"They're all better than you, my friends daughters have better career than you"

"Cause i prefer to study more mom, cause i prefer to be seen as clever woman not just empty head doll"

"Did you learn this silly things from your low friends? You think someone really cares about your knowledge? We live in the materialistic world Lusi, if you're beautiful and sly too all doors will open for you. If I had looks like you..."

"You want me, to live your dream life...to live instead of you"

"Standing on the stadium, next to those sweaty racers isn't for you. Work more on yourself, create new huge goals for your future. Even you have to get in someone's bed..."

"Mom" Lusi frees herself and moves back with terrified face "what are you saying? Without love how can I sleep with someone? for just benefits?"

"You just don't know real life yet" mom grins and tightly holds her chin "I won't stop until seeing you on the best fashion runway podium, no matter what it takes you have to make your mom proud remember well"

"I'll..." Lusi whispers and tries to smile, even if she won't agree it isn't going to change anything. she walks up the stairs and enters her room falling on the floor. Unable to hold emotions she hides face between her palms and starts sobbing loudly,  who said born beautiful is always bless? Maybe it's until you become toy in someone's hands? Weapon for earning money? Why she has to make other's dream true? when she just wants to be normal teenage girl? Sudden video call startles her and quickly wipes tears answering it. Cheng's cutely smiling face appears on the screen and Lusi suddenly feels her heart in ease.

"did you arrive at home safely? I just wanted to wish good night, you still in the same clothes did something happen?"

"No just..."

"You fought with your mom again no?"

"I'm ok"

"Still you need my virtual love and hugs" Cheng giggles and makes heart with his fingers, showing it to Lusi "as best friend being in the world I'm sending my love to you sis" Lusi feels last word painfully touching her heart and nods to Cheng with tearful eyes