Our home

Zhan gets off from taxi and eyes huge mansion with shocked expression. he smirks and tidies clothes, checking himself in the phone screen "I need to look especially handsome and elegant today. my baby's grandpa surely lives very fancy, what if he thinks I'm just gold digger? but...even I can't believe that I'm not" Zhan laughs and rings bell, after few minutes door opens and nice looking woman politely asks 

"how can I help you mister?"

"hello aunt. I came to see chairman, it's about young master Wang"

"are you..." she can't finish as chairman stops his wheelchair at the door and worryingly asks "is everything ok with Yibo? he promised to contact me but didn't call even once"

"yes, he is doing well sir. just...had to spend few days at hospital because of food indigestion" Zhan bows to him and smiles as sweetly as he can "nice to see, that you're recovering fast, your grandchild needs you the most now"

"but who..." he keeps watching at him with suspicion but after few minutes Zhan notices old man's stare softening and expression becoming surprised. he finally signs maid to let guest in and Zhan makes himself comfy on the sofa. he sees Yibo's photos on the shelf, taken during tournaments and hesitantly starts talking "isn't he great? achieving huge success at very young age"

"only with one visit Yibo could heal me and made too regretful at the same time. I didn't even have his photos, although I kept following him around"

"you did?"

"when he was very little, I was watching him from afar. while playing at the park or going to kindergarten. sadly he was locked in the house soon and I totally lost contact"

"you could just..."

"there is a one thing called pride. sometimes it becomes too unreasonable" 

"right, that is the reason I kept pushing Yibo back" Zhan sadly smiles and places little box on the table "this is one of the Yibo's trophies, I thought it gonna be best gift for you...to put next to those photos"

"seems like you two are very close"

"my bad, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Xiao Zhan, Yibo's boyfriend" poor old man freezes from shock and Zhan chuckles lowly "don't be this surprised, trust me I'll take better care of him than any woman can. Yibo is my only treasure and I'll keep him safe"

"it's just...I can't imagine"

"I'm sure we'll have many time to talk about our relationship grandpa, but now I wanna discuss about some serious things with you. this man..." Zhan opens his wallet and takes tiny picture out. young and beautiful man smiles widely on it and Zhan's heart pains as always. although instant denying, he kept carrying his dad's only photo because it felt...safe for him "do you know him?"

"so that is why I thought you looked very familiar. sure I do, he was working for my daughter"

"for Yibo's mom?"

"yes, Wei was my right hand at the beginning and then her bodyguard. he was very loyal and decent man, too precious for me. after my daughter run away to marry that man, he left too. guess you're his son right?"

"loyal?" Zhan shakes his head and tries to stop tears "why wasn't he for us? for his family"