Hopeless

"So, what do you want to eat my baby?" Haikuan picks Bao up and leaves kindergarten, kid hugs his neck and enjoys warmth of dad's cheek

"Can I eat noodles, spicy one"

"But..."

"I know it isn't healthy. You always say so" he pouts and Haikuan's heart goes soft

"Sometimes we can make exception right, a little spicy? Now tell me what happened, you look sad"

"Today...friend said I don't have mom and he pities me. Daddy, am I bad boy?"

"What are you saying my silly baby? You're the most adorable one and dad is so proud of you"

"I answered that I have best dad ever but still...where is she?"

"Bao, just the fact, your mom isn't here doesn't mean you lack something. It doesn't make others better than you, remember this" Haikuan sadly smiles and kisses his cheeks. He knows Bao is way too little to understand but still wants to say, wants to heal his tiny heart "let's go and visit grandma ok? She just came back yesterday. What do you say?"

"Would love to, what about..." Bao stops as recognizes someone standing in front of their car, he happily exclaims and runs forward after Haikuan puts him down "pretty gege" he hops on Cheng's waist and giggles cutely

"How have you been little one? I missed you" Cheng moves his stare to Haikuan and smiles sweetly

"What about me?" Racer frowns and wraps arms around them, sudden illusion of having complete family almost makes him cry from happiness "did you miss me too?"

"Look at you, being possessive" Cheng gets in the car and takes place next to Bao "may I...visit your house?"

"You don't need permission for this Cheng" Haikuan starts driving and eyes them through mirror "let's leave Bao at my mother's place first, she is leaving soon and wants to spend time with him"

"I didn't know about your family"

"My parents live abroad, I want them to move here but impossible for now. She offered before to raise him but...I couldn't leave Bao without dad too"

"You're too good" Cheng leans forward and quickly whispers at his ear "I love you"

***

Haikuan stops car and hesitantly looks at Cheng, at the end he dares and asks "do you wanna meet my mom? I'm honest person and won't introduce you as just friend, but life partner. so..."

"Later, let's do it later" Cheng caresses his face and Haikuan nods without saying more. He leaves with Bao after kid hugs Cheng as goodbye and comes back soon "think I'm slowly losing my only friend Haikuan"

"You mean Zhan?"

"Yes, he became even more annoying after confessing to Yibo. Honestly could never imagine that brat was going to be overly caring lover. aish, I hate that silly smile on his face" Cheng rolls his eyes and racer laughs

"Tell me about it, Yibo goes around with wide smile too. It's first time I see that kid this happy"

"They're simply adorable" Cheng lowers eyes and stays silent, thinking about their own relationship. They're both in love, this is for sure but something still doesn't feel right. He needs to remove this weird awkwardness, maybe think about Zhan's advise?