Chapter 12 - I will follow diet from tomorrow

Mohini

"Mohini, stop worrying so much and stop walking up and down this living room. I might just be hypnotized and not in the right sense, I am telling you." Smirking and sipping tea, my husband was cracking a joke while I was all worried here.

"Laugh all you want, Shekhar ji! I am really worried and cannot stop worrying unless I see my daughter. She was so nervous before she left home to meet Shiv!" I tried to explain my situation to my husband, hoping he would understand my plight.

"Ok, will you sit down please?"

I let out a huge sigh and glared at my husband and then sat down on the couch opposite to him.

"Shekhar ji, she should be home by now. I am worried for her. What if she again has a panic attack. I hope Shiv did not bombard her with questions. Oh Mata Rani, please give himmat to my daughter! What if she has met with an accident. Kisi ki buri nazar lag gayi hai usko. Last time, she got hurt in that chain snatching incident"

himmat - strength

"Calm down Mohini and don't talk about ill fated things ! I know you are her mother and you cannot stop worrying but can you at least limit it? Anjali must be on her way back and I am sure everything must have gone well." Shekhar rarely expressed anger and even now he was very cal, and polite but I didn't miss the hint of I understood all that he was saying but a mother's heart wasn't ready to just stay calm.

"I know, I understand, Shekhar ji ! I will be calm only when I see her standing before me safely."

"Hmmm. Ok, I was thinking once Anjali beti has spoken to Shiv, we should go and meet with Shiv's father. That ways, we will see their home as well as find about his younger brother too. I don't want to take any chances this time. That fool had a older brother who we never saw during marriage because they said he is busy with his family and there is some dispute going on. I want to ensure Shiv's family is avidly what they are claiming to be. "

"Ji, you are right. I want to see everything for myself this time..." I was cut off by the jingling voice which belonged to my daughters keychain as the key from the keychain was unlocking the door.

"Anjali aa gayi. Let me see her." I turned around and there she was. My precious daughter smiled at us and I am sure that send another 1000 watt smile on my face as my heart swelled in happiness looking at her.

I wanted to ask her so many questions but she interrupted me - "I will tell you everything. Let me freshen up first, please?"

"Yes, beta. Go quickly before your mother pounces on you!" My husband replied to her.

"Mohini Ji, thandak mil gayi tumhare kaleje ko ? Beti muskurate hue ghar aayi hai."

"Ji, Shekhar Ji. Whether you agree or no, I am sure you are too happy and calm only now. She is your princess after all."

He smiled and nodded at me. Anjali was really our world. I then headed towards the kitchen to start preparing for dinner.

******************

Anjali

I wanted to tell my parents everything about Shiv's first marriage as that had been worrying them and I think rightly so but before that I just wanted some time with myself. In the shower, as hot water ran down my spine, I reminisced the conversation with Shiv. I felt quite at ease after meeting with Shiv. He not only didn't ask me uncomfortable questions, but he also managed to calm me. The smile that played at his lips in between was serene. It made me feel something that I couldn't explain.

I had to tell him about to Manish. He deserved to know my past just as I somewhere had a right to know his. But how was I going to tell him all of that? Would he understand? How would he react? Would he as a man understand how broken I am and would he take me in after knowing that?