Chapter 22 - We will figure out

@StarsAndMoon1447 made this awesome and amazing aesthetic for Shiv and Anjali ! This feels just so flattering honestly

@StarsAndMoon1447 made this awesome and amazing aesthetic for Shiv and Anjali ! This feels just so flattering honestly. I loved this aesthetic. Every picture is just so Shiv and Anjali. Isn't this just great ?

Anjali

The entire room seemed alien to me instantly as I sat crying. Why was all of this happening to me? What had I ever done to receive such taunts and judgements? Dadi called out once again, 

"Anjali beta, bahar aao beta." She said, her voice very calm. I was sobbing so hard that my voice was cracking and I couldn't stop crying so it was getting difficult to even respond. 

Come outside Anjali, my child!

"Rama, jao lekar aao Anjali ko." I heard Dadi and then I heard footsteps growing louder towards me.

Go get Anjali, Rama

"Didi, Dadi is calling you. Dadi ki umar jyada hai. Ek baar chalo na. Wo BP high ho gaya to mushkil ho jayegi. "

Dadi is quite older. Please come outside, If her BP rises, it would be dangerous

She was right, I had to face the truth. I had to fight my own battles and so, I wiped my tears with the end of my dupatta and headed out with her. Dadi was sitting calmly on the double seater sofa while all the ladies were seated opposite to her huddled together on either the ssofa or the dining chairs which were pulled closed to the sofa area. The ladies were all quiet and looked at me with fear. 

"Sit here, beta. Rama, serve her lemonade and give one glass to me also." Dadi said and so I sat next to her while Rama handed me a glass from the earlier prepared tray of glasses. Dadi took her glass from Rama. I looked at her as tears started pooling in my eyes but she took a large sip from her glass and spoke with almost the same calm and soothing tone that resembled Shiv. 

"Anjali beta, you are now part of this family so you should now how the women and daughters of this house should be treated. You should also know how to reply to the people who mis-treat or bad-mouth the women and daughters of this family. You will one day be responsible for defending the daughters of this family too. " Dadi was looking at me, so she was directly addressing me. Then, she turned to look at all the ladies.

"First, you all were invited here to meet our newest family member because you complained that you were not invited to the wedding. You have now answered yourself why you were not invited to the wedding."  

Dadi let out a sigh. Honestly, now that I knew what she was trying to say, I was starting to worry for her health. All the ladies looked at each other as though they didn't know who Dadi was addressing.

"I ended up inviting you all because Anjali will live among you and I thought it's good to make introductions the right way. Musibat ke waqt padosi pehle kaam aate hain, rishtedaar baad me, ye baat hamesha yaad rakhna. Zarurat dono taraf se ho sakti hain. Bhagwan na kare kisi ke ghar aisi musibat aaye. But, nobody gave you the right to comment on my daughter or my other children. Age of Anjali or Weight of Shiv is of no concern to you. How a married couple will spend their time in the privacy of their being is another point nobody should care or even talk about. Now, I have lived here enough to know your secrets or the secret of your children from none other than you all behind each others backs. I will not even bring up those things because then there won't be any difference between you and me."