Chapter 39 - No time to romance!

Harshit

"Batayega bhi kya hua hai?" I heard Bhai's voice as I was still sitting in shock looking at Sanju's message. 

And then it beeped again. It was Sanju again, 

<"Harshit! What did Uncle say? They will support us, right? I am worried! >

I typed back frantically even as I uttered, "Bhai, just give me a minute." I was now more than sure that I loved Sanjana and I had to make her mine. 

<"Sanju, Everyone will support us. Just give me some time to call you back."> 

Everybody's eyes were on me. 

"Bhai, Sanjana's parents are flying into Mumbai tonight and they will meet us tomorrow morning. She just messaged that they are making arrangements."

Bhai and Bhabhi looked at each other first and then at Papa. Papa nodded and then responded, "That is fine. More than fine actually. Why are you so worried beta?"

"Papa...I ..uh.. don't know. Sanju said she wants to still pursue her course and then this marriage.. I am worried about things moving so fast." I tried to be as honest as possible while wiping the sweat from my forehead. The humid weather of Mumbai had suddenly became unbearable even with the ceiling fan rotating at its maximum speed.    

Papa spoke up, "Beta, iss me koi harz nahi hai. Sanjana beti ko padhna hai to hume koi problem nahi hogi. Beta, uske Ma-Baap kya kehna chahte hain wo sunna toh hoga hume. Tum Sanjana beti ke saath rehna chahte ho aur agar uske Ma-Baap bhi yehi chahtein hain toh kuch galat toh nahi hai. Aur beta, main thodi bahot to purani soch rakhta hun. Mere nazar me rishte ko naam mil jaaye to hum parents ki pareshaani khatam ho jaati hai. Main kam se kam roka to abhi propose karunga. Baaki beta, tumhare Bhai-Bhabhi se puch lete hain." 

I let out a sigh and then looked at Bhai. He immediately spoke up, "I know how it feels. Don't worry about things moving too fast or too slow. Things always take their own pace and we just label them as fast or slow. Let us atleast see what they say. They must be rightly worried to see the boy and the family of the boy that their daughter has chosen."

It suddenly felt like too much pressure on my soul. Marriage was a responsibility and I was beginning to feel the responsibility of trying to become a good son in law to Sanju's parents for the sake of our love and desire to be with each other. 

 "Anjali beta, you haven't said anything. You are elder bahu of this home. I want to hear your thoughts as well." Papa said looking at Bhabhi. I felt slightly guilty of not asking her myself. We all had to make an effort in making her feel comfortable among us. 

I saw Bhai giving her an encouraging nod after which she responded, "Papa, I agree with everything you said. If they want a little courtship period, I think that's reasonable too but umm.. I think they should know what they will get out of the courtship period. Sorry Harshit, my two cents would be to spend time with each other and there is no doubt about that. But, do know and realize what you are trying to get at when you delay marriage. Sanjana is young and so are you and if you two have decided that you want to marry only each other, then you have your parents support already, so you need not worry." 

I saw Papa smile at Bhabhi and then he glanced back at me, "Mujhe Sanjana beti ke parents ka number de do. Main apni taraf se kal hamare ghar pe naashte ya phir lunch par invite kar deta hun unko."

"Yes, Papa."

"Shiv beta, I will talk to Biji, you and Anjali beta talk to Shivani and Jai. Anjali beta, don't stress about hosting. I trust Shiv and Harshit to make preparations under your supervision." Papa walked away to his room.