Chapter 5

Hey Sunshines,
I'm updating twice today so he on the lookout 👀. I love y'all.

I was on my way to freedom. To paradise. To finally escape this goddamned world. My heart thudded at the thought repeatedly. I am so scared at the moment but I can't stay here anymore. I have nothing left here.

I want to go meet my parents. The two of them so we can be happy together that we escaped from this world.

I laughed a small sad pathetic laugh at myself. If I wanted to leave so badly, why did my heart ache? Why was there a small part of me that wanted to stay? That knew this was a bad idea. I pushed that thought to the back of my head and trudged forward towards the bridge. Tears streamed down my face as I walked like a man on a mission.

I shivered which wasn't really a surprise because I left the house in my shorts and top but who cared right now.

Not me.

And surely not my stepfather nor my boss from work. My heart throbbed. I was alone. Truly alone but that won't matter by tomorrow.

I'll be free.

I'll be happy.

I saw the bridge and I stopped. My heart was going crazy and I cradled my chest to try to soothe it. It didn't work. The voices in my head were more persistent than ever. Degrading and devaluing. I couldn't help but agree with the voices. I was worthless.

I walked towards the bridge with tears streaming from my eyes. There were barely cars on the street since it was really late so I stopped in front of the barricade and looked down. It was a really long way down. This was the last straw. I didn't want to fight anymore so I cleared my mind until it was blank.

I didn't care if it would hurt.

I blocked out the sound of my beating heart.

I climbed onto the metal bar and closed my eyes, ready to take that leap. I smiled. This was it. This was the end of Jenny Grace McCarthy. This was the end of the pain, the suffering, the anger and those damn voices.

I looked at the dark sky.

I fell.

Or at least I tried to but was interrupted when something large and heavy wrapped around me and pushed me to the ground. I screamed in frustration as I looked at the person that pulled me off the bridge railing and I kicked with all my might, trying to push them away. I didn't even care that I looked like an insane person to them. I wanted to die and he just ruined the only opportunity I had to see the parents again. To be happy.

To stop the voices.

To be free.

I was so close to freedom.

"Let go of me!" I screamed as I tried to push him off me. I kicked, I scratched, I screamed but he wouldn't listen. He fought back, trying to hold me down until he was in a straddling position. His knees resting on either side of my waist and his hands holding my wrist above my head.

"Let me go!" I glared up at him, my body shaking in fear and adrenaline of what just happened. I struggled to get free.

"No!" he yelled back and I stilled for a minute as I looked up at him. His bright beautiful hazel eyes bored into my blue ones and I felt something I've never felt before in my entire life.

Peace.

But the feeling disappeared just as quickly as it came because it occurred to me that he was stopping me from leaving. Using adrenaline, I kicked him in the balls and dove for the bridge railing wanting to just throw myself off now at this point but he grabbed my foot and pulled me back. I hit my head on the metal railing and fell.

He rushed to where my head was and I blinked to clear the bright stars. I knew I was going to black out soon. Those hazel eyes entered my vision again.

"Please just let me die." I whispered as I faded away. I felt his hand touch my forehead gently, the spot where I hit my head on the metal railing.

"I'm sorry but I can't do that." I heard him say before I faded away.

Hmm...
Is this the appearance of the male Character?
Please don't forget to click the star and comment, it motivates me to write more.

Love y'all.